Amazon 1, Glow Worm 0

ImmunoGoblin

Mar 5, 2014
outside Cincinnati, OH
Parrots
Tater Tot - DYH Amazon
Kiwi - Orange-winged Amazon
Biscuit - Young-ish cockatiel
My DYH Tater has a habit of sitting on the curtain rod in the kitchen and chewing on the wall. He seems afraid of my daughter's stuffed Glow Worm - know what I mean? Soft stuffed critter with hard plastic face that lights up and sings? I tucked the glow worm into the curtain rod last night, thinking it might deter him. Uh, no. I got a text today letting me know that Tater just grabbed the glow worm (which probably weighs 3x as much as he does) and hurled it to the ground.:green::rolleyes:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Too funny! No Glow worms allowed on HIS curtain rod:)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
My conure Kiwi does that to paint brushes and pencils on my desk. She knows she isn't allowed to chew them, so she just throws them to avoid temptation. Silly critters.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Too funny! Amazons are the one bird besides my beloved eclectus that I would have if my asthma could take it, unfortunately it won't.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Well, he had to defend his territory from glowing invaders :D I love his name BTW, I don't know if you could've chosen a better name for an amazon than Tater:09:

Girl4Jesus83

Jan 14, 2014
Broomfield, CO
Parrots
Lutino Tiel - Jake
Yellow Nape Amazon - Shoku - greatly missed!
I knew a pug (dog) named tater too. He looked just like a little tan tater tot when he was a puppy lol. I'm glad he didn't destroy it! Maybe put something up there he can chew on? I love zons :)

OP
ImmunoGoblin

ImmunoGoblin

Mar 5, 2014
outside Cincinnati, OH
Parrots
Tater Tot - DYH Amazon
Kiwi - Orange-winged Amazon
Biscuit - Young-ish cockatiel
Thanks, guys! His name is actually Tater Tot, but we usually shorten it:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts