Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
PG&E, (electric), has a new young man on their meter reading route. The other utility people know of Amigo and are comfortable with him, now.

I heard his truck pull in, the dogs went off. I'll always walk outside when someone comes into the yard, if I'm here. The electric pole/meter is a little ways from the house but I can see it from the deck. Here...comes...Amigo, to investigate the goings on. This guy gets out of his truck, with paperwork in hand, turns around to get back in his truck and Amigo, who at this time is setting on the roof of the truck, right next to his door, lets out his blood curdling screams, starts doing his wing flapping move, (to scare off predators) and I hear HOLY F**K!!! The guy stumbles and almost falls down!

I ran down the hill, moved Amigo off and apologized to the poor guy. He said that he almost had a heart attack. We talked for a while and Amigo came back to my shoulder. The electric man and Amigo have now been introduced. It didn't stop Amigo from following his truck up the drive, yelling the whole way! Never a dull moment...

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
That is hilarious! Amigo such a good guardatoo. :) I think it would be worth the money to install a security camera just to get all these priceless reactions on film!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I bet you would have won americas funniest home video if you could have got that on film. thanks for my laugh for the day. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall as he is telling that story to family and friends I am still chuckleing. Alison and sweetie pie:D:D:D

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
That is hilarious! Amigo such a good guardatoo. :) I think it would be worth the money to install a security camera just to get all these priceless reactions on film!

hahahaha "guardatoo"

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
That is soooo funny!!! Thanks for sharing with us and giving us all a laugh! Amigo sounds like quite the character!!!

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
LMAO hilarious!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
OMG :p. ROFLMAO

I would have given anything to have been there to see that !!!

You rock Amigo ! My hero :D. Those electric bills can be murder ;)

:white1::white1:

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
OMG :p. ROFLMAO

I would have given anything to have been there to see that !!!

You rock Amigo ! My hero :D. Those electric bills can be murder ;)

:white1::white1:

Yeah, no kidding about the electric bills! I need to get Amigo to meet him at our front gate and not let him enter!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
ROFLMAO.....That's just too funny!!!!! That's a priceless moment right there!!! U2s can be pretty intimidating.....

GiosMom

May 12, 2012
I just love Amigo stories....hey my mother-in-law is coming to visit, can I borrow Amigo? LOL please teach him how to spit nails first though...haha! Omgosh the dreams I'm going to have tonight. ;)

god61021

Aug 8, 2011
illinois
Parrots
red rumped parakeet
ok so wait im fairly new here.......your bird is loose in your yard? and can fly? how does this work? cant even let my dog out in the yard without losing her! I would love to know how you keep a cockatoo from wandering off.

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
ok so wait im fairly new here.......your bird is loose in your yard? and can fly? how does this work? cant even let my dog out in the yard without losing her! I would love to know how you keep a cockatoo from wandering off.

Amigo is free flighted. He lives around her house and is her pet bird. He is one in a million.

Most Reactions