Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
This was even reported in the UK's newspaper. I can't look at it again, the poor baby has been through so much.

It's a well known fact that people who torture/abuse animals will later go on to torture and abuse humans later on. So people really shouldn't take the approach of 'its just a dog' etc.

Poor baby, it's horrible because the dog was probably so trusting when he approached them etc... :(

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
I can't believe it was posted in the UK.....I had heard it had made the world news.
The last couple of days with all the local abuse and the abuse in a couple threads here it is very depressing.
At least this one had a happy ending and they think they will be able to save his entire tongue. He is lucky to be alive. Thank God that nice lady noticed him.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Those who harm children and animals are the lowest scum on Earth. I too saw this article, and it breaks my heart to see how cruel someone could be to a totally innocent animal. If you can harm an animal without remorse, then you can, and likely will, harm a human.I wish there were stricter laws regarding animal cruelty cases to get these people behind bars BEFORE they hurt a human being.

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
There have been people as far away as the Netherlands trying to adopt him. He walked up to this girl and she said she couldn't figure out what was hanging out of his mouth. He was like...."Can you help me?" Thank God she was there at the right time. She was in tears telling the story.
100 stitches is a lot. Jail is too good for these scumbags. You wonder if people feel anything that could do such a ghastly thing. My heart just sinks when I see this kind of thing. Don't you wonder what they feel or don't feel?
Absolutely they would do it to people too.
Jail is just too good for them, unless someone gives them their just reward in prison. LOL I don't think jail mates would even cut them any slack.
I'm sure they are trembling in their boots as the reward has grown to $35,000.
I can only hope they catch them you know money talks, so maybe someone will step forward.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Yikes! I read what you all wrote but can't bring myself to read the article, I have nightmares after reading or seeing terrible things.

I've always felt that whatever horrible thing a human does to another human or animal, should also be done to them committing the offense. What goes around, comes around.

Poor defenseless creatures :(

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
This is so cruel! :( How could they do such a thing. I thought the toungue was a shoe... I'm wishing so bad they catch these monsters.

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Yikes! I read what you all wrote but can't bring myself to read the article, I have nightmares after reading or seeing terrible things.

I've always felt that whatever horrible thing a human does to another human or animal, should also be done to them committing the offense. What goes around, comes around.

Poor defenseless creatures :(

I know.....I saw that still pic on the news and not the video in this article. I did not even want to watch the video. The still shot was quite enough for me. The poor guy had 100 stitches that were deep into his muscles.

Amandastander

Jul 23, 2012
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Buster turquoisegrey IRN male, Piper buttercup IRN female. 2 Budgies who will soon be relocating to my brothers home.
I don't even wanna look. Tearing up already just thinking about it! People like that make me wanna do horrible things to them! Only in imagination though. Here in South Africa, in my town of Springs in fact, we had a case a few years back where a guy beheaded a husky pup with a chainsaw because he terrorised the parrot! He was charged, released on bail and ended up just paying a fine!!! A neighbouirs poor gardener witnessed the horrific slaying! Well a few months later this abuser died in a horrible car crash! Can't help biut think he got exactly what he deserved!

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
He was on the news the other night. He has been adopted into a loving home and seems very happy. It is heartwarming to know he made it and found happiness.

Amandastander

Jul 23, 2012
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Buster turquoisegrey IRN male, Piper buttercup IRN female. 2 Budgies who will soon be relocating to my brothers home.
Wow that's great news! Here's to hoping he has a happy fulfilled life with his new family.

Most Reactions