Announcement

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
As of today BillsBirds is a super moderator. The current mods will work with him so he knows how to use the tools we have. We are so excited to have him join us.

wahooo.gif

Last edited:

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Re: Annouoncement to Forum Members

Congrats BillsBirds :jumping40 Now if we could just get your wife to accept a new CAG...

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)

Thank you, all. I will try to serve this community as I have always served the birds I love. Note to Molcan2... I'm working on it!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Welcome on the Mod's board Bill....
Looking so forward to working together.
Knowing you the way I do, you are going to fulfill your Mod duties to perfection.

Now there is something you have to tell M (your better half)
Every Moderator SHOULD have an African Grey...............still trying to pull her leg.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Congratulations BillsBirds !! :D
:white1::white1:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Congrats BillBirds, you must be so excited.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
This is exciting! And a bit overwhelming. Thank you, all. I will do my best to not let you all down.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how does one become a moderator? I know you have to be asked by the administrators but what do you guys do to be asked?

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how does one become a moderator? I know you have to be asked by the administrators but what do you guys do to be asked?

Good question. I'm guessing that they have to know their stuff, be diplomatic, empathetic, (to a degree), truthful, hurtful,(when called upon) and be there for us. I could be wrong...

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Let me see if I can explain. Mare's post was correct. A mod should have a good knowledge of the bird world, of people, be a diplomat and a tough guy at the same time.

They should have or be willing to learn the tricks of the trade as far as checking out new members for trolling, spamming or other things that will lead to compromising our forum. We strive to keep this a community of bird loves and not people that want to join and cause trouble.

Bill was nominated unanimously by the current mods. We are in high spamming season now. We try to ban the person before then even get to post.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
To become a Moderator you have to be thick skinned (Duh) :eek:

When slapped in the face, turn the other cheek, then take action (haha) :D

Receiving nasty pm's, including foul language (trying to keep still waters) :mad:

No preference to personal friends, members are members (you win some you lose some) sad but true :(

Jokes aside Spiritbird has explained it correctly, just wanted to add my 2cents

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Ok thanks, that clears things up.

Most Reactions

Latest posts