Another one!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Happy birthday to your 2nd child, Liana! You are so right, it all goes by way too swiftly!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
I'm so sorry, i can't post any photos for a while as i can't use photobucket on my phone :(

SHE IS HERE! :D Over 14 hours of labour and an overly, painfully active giant later......she finally came out!

Xeba (ZEE-BAH)

Born: Wednesday 22nd June @ 11:14pm! (At 40 weeks 2 days)

Weight: 9.7lb (4280g)

Length: 55cm

Head Circumference: 33.5cm​

She's huge! I normally weigh 50kg and am 5"4' (164cm). GIANT I TELL YOU! ;)

I am having some problems with Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction - Hypermobility (inability to walk without regular strong pain relief), but aside from that and baby being jaundice-y, and having to switch to formula, all is well! :)

Edit: Oh and for anyone interested, was a normal natural delivery with the use of gas for pain relief. Fun times...haha :S

Last edited:

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
CONGRATULATIONS HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :)
So glad all went well :) Hope uou feel Better soon too...Looking forward to the pics

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Congratulations, Liana!!! I'm so happy for you and your family! I wish we could see pics of sweet baby Xeba, but it's enough to know that she's arrived good and healthy.

I hope her jaundice goes away in short order, as well as the pain of your joint dysfunction.

How are your other children reacting to her arrival?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations to you and your family, Liana! This is wonderful news! I love the name, looking forward to photos of baby Xeba.

Your joint condition sounds painful, I hope you feel much better very soon. It's nice to see you here.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations Liana, on your new baby Xeba :)! I'm also looking forward to pics! Hoping you feel better soon ;).

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations Kinny! I cant wait to see pictures of your beautiful new baby, and what a great name Xeba is!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Thank you everyone! :)
Congratulations, Liana!!! I'm so happy for you and your family! I wish we could see pics of sweet baby Xeba, but it's enough to know that she's arrived good and healthy.

I hope her jaundice goes away in short order, as well as the pain of your joint dysfunction.

How are your other children reacting to her arrival?

One day, one day...haha. Yes, it's nearly gone! She won't need to go under the lights! Yay! Ha...haha... The joint dysfunction.. I'll have to update you all on that...
Ziggy is over the MOON! Especially now that we are home :p. Solomon really doesn't care at all haha. And Chad is interested but i think hes a little jealous...

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Congratulations to you and your family, Liana! This is wonderful news! I love the name, looking forward to photos of baby Xeba.

Your joint condition sounds painful, I hope you feel much better very soon. It's nice to see you here.

Thanks! :) oh it is painful... <3 nice to be here.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
I was in hospital for a total of 6 days because my Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction became severe, and i developed severe Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction also (both Hypermobility)...simply because baby was just so big (normal delivery). Literally could not walk when i had no painkillers. Also had Diastasis Recti (2 finger-widths).

27th June: Long story short: finished feeding baby - laid her on the bed (as i needed to get up and get a nappy..she pooped). Begin to lower the bed - bed starts tipping - i somehow leap off holding onto babys wraps exclaiming, then whip around and the bed starts tipping in the other direction (sideways) and baby starts to slide so in a split second i grabbed her and clutched her maybe a little TOO tightly and leaned on the edge to stop it going CRASH cos i didnt know if i let go if it'd come crashing down on us... Worst thing for my pelvis...leaping off a bed and twisting around... Saw my husband was walking down the hall at that moment and called him over...

He and a man who works here dealt with it all and my husband inspected my new bed, all good. Other one was just wear and tear.. An entire wheel came off...

My body is really paying for it now. Since the bed incident i have had lots more of swelling around the sacroiliac joints, pain all the way down my spine, and my Diastasis Recti is no longer 2 finger-widths, but 3... And now the sacroiliac joints grind and click when i move...
I was seen by a physio who coincidentally arrived to see me just as my husband came in and took over with the bed..

She did a quick examination and confirmed the Joint Dysfunctions. Then she said "Oh..you have scoliosis?." O.O i was like...whaaa? Never been examined in that regard before so i wouldn't know..

I was discharged yesterday and have to see a physio regularly.. My dr still doesnt know about the bed incident... But it has worsened my condition so will tell him as soon as i can... Means my recovery will be even longer now...(months) I am very limited to what i can and am allowed to do... I have to take anti-inflammatory meds and regular Panadeine (Panadeine Forte for the severe 'flare ups').

I'm still shaken up a bit, i cant help but think how GLAD i am it happened to me, and not a woman who had a csection who couldn't move who was feeding their baby..... A baby could've easily died! But at the same time I'm just so stressed! But at least Xee didnt get crushed!!!!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Liana, I'm so sorry that this happened to you! It's good, though, that you were able to keep your baby from being hurt. Those protective mother's instincts will put the baby before you every time. She's blessed to have a mother who could react so swiftly to the danger.

You and you're family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Liana, I'm so sorry that this happened to you! It's good, though, that you were able to keep your baby from being hurt. Those protective mother's instincts will put the baby before you every time. She's blessed to have a mother who could react so swiftly to the danger.

You and you're family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

First time that that's ever happened here..something for the records. It strangely feels almost traumatic.. But all that happened was i leapt off a falling bed with baby...

Indeed! Awwwe thank you <3 yes i hate to think what may have happened... Thanks Stephen. :)

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel

After all these months, someone wants to say "Hello"!

Xeba

WP_20160623_024.jpg

WP_20160627_013.jpg

WP_20160626_016.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
What a beautiful baby girl! Love the pics! Especially the last one where she's sticking her tongue out at you! Lol!

I'm so happy for you and your newly expanded family!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome Xeba! She's just as gorgeous as all her beautiful siblings, Liana! Sweet photos!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, Xeba is gorgeous! And so are you:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts