Any way to cope with a death ?

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
2 GCC’s female+male (currently aren’t together)
My bird died yesterday, he was 3 only, I heard that he was chewing on the sea grass tent that I bought him and apparently he fell or something and started acting weird. At the moment I was worried and panicked and didn’t know what to do but that’s the last time I saw him, his dying moments. My mom wouldn’t take him to a vet either being kind of neglecting. Now he’s gone and I can’t cope with it at all. Any ways that could help me?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My bird died yesterday, he was 3 only, I heard that he was chewing on the sea grass tent that I bought him and apparently he fell or something and started acting weird. At the moment I was worried and panicked and didn’t know what to do but that’s the last time I saw him, his dying moments. My mom wouldn’t take him to a vet either being kind of neglecting. Now he’s gone and I can’t cope with it at all. Any ways that could help me?
It takes time. Time, time, and more time. Grieve for as long as you need to, and be here among people who understand how very deeply this kind of loss hurts. My very deepest condolences go out to you for your loss, I'm so sorry your mom acted the way she did and that the time you had with your little one was so short - although even a million lifetimes with these precious souls could never be long enough. You will carry the love you shared together forever in your heart, and I pray for strength and peace for your broken heart.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, most precious one, until we all meet again. 🙏

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My condolences. Life is precious... Remember and cherish the moments you had with your pet bird. What was its name? Post some pics if you want, tell us what he was like.
It's too bad your mum didn't take it to the vet when needed but don't stay angry at her cos that won't help at all.

OP
marsvv

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
#conure #death
My condolences. Life is precious... Remember and cherish the moments you had with your pet bird. What was its name? Post some pics if you want, tell us what he was like.
It's too bad your mum didn't take it to the vet when needed but don't stay angry at her cos that won't help at all.
His name was Tito, he was the sweetest bird I’ve known, my dad and my sister and I are still grieving over him but trying to remember good moments. He was young. I loved him so much. He didn’t have much time either.

Attachments

• 529F2DB8-4EA5-44FD-9D5D-0BF0444B8A67.jpeg
    529F2DB8-4EA5-44FD-9D5D-0BF0444B8A67.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 13
OP
marsvv

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
It takes time. Time, time, and more time. Grieve for as long as you need to, and be here among people who understand how very deeply this kind of loss hurts. My very deepest condolences go out to you for your loss, I'm so sorry your mom acted the way she did and that the time you had with your little one was so short - although even a million lifetimes with these precious souls could never be long enough. You will carry the love you shared together forever in your heart, and I pray for strength and peace for your broken heart.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, most precious one, until we all meet again. 🙏
Thank you so much! I just want to think that he’s somewhere better with all the other birds. And that he’s not gone. It’s hard. It hurts but thank you.

brynn.budgies

Oct 13, 2023
Parrots
Muffin (budgie)
(rest peaceful Kiwi)
I am so sorry, life is precious and it will take time to heal. I just recently lost my budgie and the way that helped me cope the best, was to devote all of my time to my other bird. I don't know if this will help, but it's a suggestion. I wish you well my friend

fly high little buddy

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Some hard things I am going to write ... If you dont have full parental support in having a parrot as a family companion, then I would wait untill you are on your own financially and domestically too. Parrots are expensive to keep and doubly true for vet care. It can run from several hundred dollars to several thousand a year for certified avain vet care. If your folks are not prepared to support that, please wait. Not every family has the wherewithal to spend that money. It might not be fair to your folks and it is CERTAINLY not fair to the parrot. Please think hard on this if you intend to get another parrot!

OP
marsvv

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
Some hard things I am going to write ... If you dont have full parental support in having a parrot as a family companion, then I would wait untill you are on your own financially and domestically too. Parrots are expensive to keep and doubly true for vet care. It can run from several hundred dollars to several thousand a year for certified avain vet care. If your folks are not prepared to support that, please wait. Not every family has the wherewithal to spend that money. It might not be fair to your folks and it is CERTAINLY not fair to the parrot. Please think hard on this if you intend to get another parrot!
Don’t worry I understand! It’s just I don’t understand her. I mean we do have the money in a way but she doesn’t seem to want to take them. Unless once I get my license I could do that. I really care abt both my birds. Well one of them.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
What to do? First of all... cry, eat, sleep, buy new socks... just cradle yourself a bit and allow yourself to feel the pain. I bet you'll be a great bird-owner in the future, when you have control. Meanwhile, no matter the awful circumstances, your bird had your true love, still does, and that stretches into Eternity.

OP
marsvv

marsvv

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
What to do? First of all... cry, eat, sleep, buy new socks... just cradle yourself a bit and allow yourself to feel the pain. I bet you'll be a great bird-owner in the future, when you have control. Meanwhile, no matter the awful circumstances, your bird had your true love, still does, and that stretches into Eternity.
Thank you so much I’ll try! I hope to be a better owner. Especially to my other bird. As much as I miss hearing his voice every morning I’ll think of his being in with me everyday. 💜

G

Guest46745

Sounds like you are a teenager and this might be your first loss. It sucks. It hurts. Your pets become like a child, like a part of you, and having that life taken away is a pain that runs deep. As an artist who is fueled by pain, I suggest finding an outlet if you can. Art, poetry, etc. of course is a great outlet, but some people find sharing the experience with others to help, and other people like to just be alone and think things through. Everyone mourns in different ways. But don't ignore the pain, go through the mourning, because at the end you will have something amazing... treasured memories, greater appreciation for future pets, and the strength to get over worse pain in the future. Unfortunately life is painful. Some people get more than others. But know that getting through that pain makes you a strong person, take pride in that. And hold onto those good memories because the amount of pain you feel is directly related to how much love you felt. As Winnie the Pooh said, "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

Most Reactions

Latest posts