Anybody have this flight cage?

Icicis

Jul 8, 2012
Edmonton
Parrots
Icicis-Green Cheek Conure
attachment.php

its a A&E flight cage, i found a cheap one in my local classifieds and im looking for some opinions in it. is it a good size for a green cheek?(im going to go see it on wedensday) lots of room to put toys and such?

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
My GCC are in that cage. I own 2 and recommend it to everyone buying a baby from me. I would say that it is a great cage for the value. What I would add is that the bar thickness is small so not acceptable for the larger Conures but for the Green Cheeks or Crimsons it is perfect!

It is VERY spacious and your GCC would LOVE it!!! Just make sure there is no rust on the cage.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I don't have that exact cage but it is almost identical. I use o EE ne for my quaker paqrrot and one for my african red bellied parrot and will be ordering another one for my new yellow sided green cheek conure. They all like their cages there is plenty of room for lots of toys and they climb all over the inside and outside walk andd play on the flat top they also have more than enough room to flutter their wings without hitting anything Easy to clean and move around as well:D

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I really wish they would make those with more horizontal bars!

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I do and we love it. I was worried about the vertical bars but they still climb the sides just fine. Lots of room and great value. Got mine at mysafebirdstore, lots of color choices, mine is charcoal.

OP
I

Icicis

Jul 8, 2012
Edmonton
Parrots
Icicis-Green Cheek Conure
Thanks guys, I think this one is sandstone in color.

Is it heavy? And it can be removed from the stand??

I'm actually going today to see it today :)
I'll post pictures soon, if it's not rusty and such ;)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Icicis, Did you buy the cage? I have that cage in light grey for my cherry-headed conure, 14" long. He seemd happy in it from the moment we brought it home. He had been in a large, super expensive heavy duty, pretty green cage on a stand prior. I never liked it because I thought it was too low to the ground and didn't come up high enough to make Pritti feel secure all the time. It had a nice play area up top that came with it. This cage seems great and costs a fraction of many others, but provides lots of space and is a good height. So even if you didn't purchase it becuase it wasn't in good shape, but still like it, you should be able to find a good deal on a brand new one. We added a play area to the top, and he also uses the shelf below to play around sometimes. We keep a plastic matt under the whole thing - the kind you get an an office supply store that goes under rolling desk chairs. We roll the cage outside and clean it with a hose on a powerful setting, dry it and roll it right back in. Easy.

Pitu

Sep 25, 2012
Media
Chicago area, IL
Parrots
White Bellied Caique
Our Caique Pitu' has that cage...even in sandstone, lol. Prior to purchasing it, I showed it to his breeder and she said, "Oh, it's a wonderful cage but it doesn't have to be THAT big unless you have room!" We have plenty of room and Pitu' LOVES his cage. I was very impressed with how well-made it was when we assembled it: I won't say it's lightweight, but frankly my dogs' crate banks are heavier. We also just roll the cage outside to clean, then roll it back in. There is a play-gym on top. Great cage and you can find it at a good price here and there.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I just bought that cage in green from the bird show I went to on Sunday .My husband assembled it in Monday and Chiquita my yellow sided gcc. is now living in it . At the bird show they were on sale for 75.00 plus tax for a total of 80.25. $40.00 cheaper than the one I was going to order on line. Yea. My daughter also bought one in sand color for her two sugar gliders. Hubby went over yesterday and put that one together. .the birds and gliders are very happy:D

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I wouldn't recommend anything smaller for a caique... with how active caiques are, the more room the merrier!

I have the HQ version of that cage (two doors instead of one) that I originally bought (second hand, intended for sugar gliders, but never used) for my cherry headed conure (RIP), then used for my cockatiels and bourke.

The tiels and bourke have since been upgraded to an A&E (really wish it was the HQ!) Double Flight Cage (never did like keeping them all in one small cage), and now the HQ cage sits mostly empty next to the Double Flight. It works great as a "holding cage" for Charlie, so I can take his cage outside and hose it down. With the double flight, I clean the cage with the birds inside. They don't really like it, especially since most aren't tame, but it would be a bigger pain to take it apart to take it outside to clean.

I've actually contemplated putting the single and double flight cages together, but I honestly don't have the room for that! At least, not in the way I'm imagining... and it would look rather odd, since the single cage is black and the double is sandstone.

Most Reactions