Anyone Know Dr Scott McDonald

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
If you don't know who he is. He is a Avian Laparoscopy (Surgical Sexing of Birds). Well it was Great he came to a friends house today. i help him with all the grooming's. He did over 80 birds today. Roscoe is 16 months he was 1059 Grams. in was very healthy. I also got him Micoship today to. i was there from 7 am to 9pm. it was long but was fun good experiences. The way he handle the birds when he all put the birds down it was funny. but i only took one pic because cuz i was so busy wit him. here are some pics for like the first 15 birds we did.. Roscoe is in the First pic knock out getting his weight checked.

Last edited:

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
This sounds like the vet that comes out and sees the breeder I got my lil Rio from. Does he travel around to all the different breeders and people around the country?

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
lol sorry...yes he does

Hahah I was confused for a second. I didnt have him sex Rio cause i just couldnt bear the thought of her getting cut. So I plucked some feathers to send in for dna. He was good, and did a ton of birds when he was out here also!

OP
MacawGuy

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
o yea it was awesome. i held over over 80 birds for him...every bird there got a grooming but only time he need me to hold them was when he was doing the beaks... but i prolly held over 20 macaws today then very from macaws to love birds lol... it was sweet

chadwick

Nov 7, 2011
Parrots
Yellow Collared Macaw
Yes I use him as one of my vets?..rink very highly of him to take my phone call and to attempt to put my mind at ease and to give advice

OP
MacawGuy

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Yea he's a good guy. I wish I could of Goff one pics when I was there

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds like a great vet, does he do nails and wings by himself? Because I have learnt to do it and it is rather hmm, challenging at times, I mean you are restraining by yourself, plus clipping and dremeling it took me awhile. How does he do it comparably.

Sounds like a great time!

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
He prefers to groom under anesthesia. There is info regarding that on his web site. He will do it without anesthesia but you have to request it. He thinks there is less stress with anesthesia.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes he prefers anesthesia and won't do my birds without it but it's a big NO from me! BUT at the same time he will be honest with you if he don't think your bird should go under as he told one of the breeders he don't think he should put a certain one under cause he doesn't think he would make it. The bird did not cope well coming out of anesthesia and was dying while my friend kept her warm in her jacket as the stupid breeder never even checked on her. Scott is a good vet but I think he should of decline on that one bird if he doesn't think it was going to make it. That's what I would of done if I was him.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
well that just takes the cake to me... anesthia has horrible effects on birds honestly it isnt even forumlated correctly for them. My vet will only put a bird under if he must and i mean must do it. It is just to risky, we have cats and dogs down to a science with anesthia, but not birds...

Most Reactions

Latest posts