Apparently even a tiny mistake will instantly kill a parrot?

birdstheword

Aug 26, 2014
Colorado
Parrots
Marvel, 14-year-old Black Headed Caique
have you all had experience with soy candles? that's what i have now (i am pre-bird). i wasn't planning on using them when she comes home but this got me wondering since it's soy-based and has fewer chemicals.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Apple seeds being dangerous is a MYTH. They are fine, giving your bird an apple with the seeds will NOT kill your birds.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Haha I thought the same thing when researching before getting my first bird! I was terrified that there were thousands of things to kill my potential bird. Why would I want something so fragile?! But it's really not that bad. Just use common sense and it will be fine.

jasper19

Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2014
North Dakota, USA
Parrots
Congo African Grey "Angel"

Muloccan Cockatoo "Bahama"
Apple seeds being dangerous is a MYTH. They are fine, giving your bird an apple with the seeds will NOT kill your birds.

Well apple seeds do contain cyanide...So while not dangerous to us...or maybe even not dangerous to every bird when they eat it...i can see how it could kill some if they have a low tolerance to cyanide or can't process it

Most Reactions