Apple sauce/ apple juice, Either Safe?

Tuukee

Dec 16, 2012
Media
Florida
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot
Are they safe for birds bc I know I used to see pieces of seed in the apple sauce and then when I was thinking about soaking Tuukee's zupreems in the apple juice bc it's sweet and he needs to eat his pellets- but then I thought about the juicing process and remembered that seeds may be involved... So before I give him any, I would like to make sure... :green2:

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
I'm not so sure about the apple sauce. But I don't think apple juice would be that great, unless its just straight apple juice you have made yourself.
Bottles apple juice has more sugar in it then coca cola I believe. And I wouldn't consider giving coke to my birds. Although I could be wrong, but I remember watching something on a news show about how bad apple juice and stuff is for people, because of the amounts of sugar. But I'm sure you could get sugarless apple juice from somewhere? Then I think it would be fine!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Unsweetened apple juice is fine, especially organic apple juice. Same for applesauce-- unsweetened is always best. Ralph won't touch it though 'cause he hates the texture. :D

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
as long as it is all natural/ unsweetened i would think fine. my mom makes homemade apple sauce sometime. so ill be sure to give cooper some to try :) he likes apples. maybe applesauce too!

pretty_boy2012

Jun 2, 2012
elmira, NY
Parrots
a blue and white parakeet
i know this is from last year, but I was wondering the same thing........as im eating applesauce and I have pretty boy watchin me.

I gave him a little........and he went nuts with it lol.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
All my fids LOVE juice straight out of my juicer. I add nothing BUT fruits and/or veggies. :)
I second this!!!! Also, when I make 100% carrot juice, I take the flesh remains that the juicer spits out and feed it to Oliver. Only way he eats his carrots. :D

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
I buy unsweetened, organic (if its in stock), free of artificial chemical, natural apple juice and apple sauce. And Ozzie LOVES it! He will do anything for a lick of fruit juice/sauce. Tweety and Kiwi isn't a fan of fruit, so I buy vegetable (like carrot) juice, and they loves it.

And most of the time, I make my own fruit and vegetable juice. And my parrots just go CRAZY for it!

I always make sure they don't drink too much, since its pretty high in sugar. But parrot is like one of the slowest eater, so don't be too worry about it. :)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
In most case, if you would feed it to a baby, you can feed it to your bird.

Except, you can't feed avacadoes or chocolate to a bird. And honey is okay for birds (in moderation, since it is sugar).

OP
Tuukee

Tuukee

Dec 16, 2012
Media
Florida
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot
thanks everyone for your advice! i really appreciate it! Tuukee is eating now: scrambled egg with broccoli, zucchini- green n yellow, oatmeal, blueberries,and some dried fruit that came in his food. he loves it!!!!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Congrats on getting him to eat it ! Have you ever tried exotic fruit like start fruit, pomegrantite , mango ?

Most Reactions

Latest posts