Arcee's Home!!!

MetroidGirl

Feb 11, 2008
Media
houston!
Parrots
Male Eclectus: Flanagan
i finally got my green cheeked amazon here! i decided to name her Arcee, since i'm a transformers fan lol. shes really sweet. she's biting some, but i think its just cuz shes not use to everything yet. but she's really sweet, i'm in love, its official.

zarafia

Super Moderator
Jan 22, 2008
Congratulations. I hope the biting goes away as she starts to realise that you are her new person. Allow a little time for her to get over losing her last family. They are very smart birds and unlike a dog, she wont be won over by a bowl of food. If nippiness continues try using stick training. You need to be consistantly able to handle her with confidence. And of course, spoil her as you are planning to and enjoy every bit of it:).

OP
M

MetroidGirl

Feb 11, 2008
Media
houston!
Parrots
the biting isnt bad, it doesnt hurt. i'm really assertive with her, she's already letting me turn her upside down and play with her. she doesnt seem to be too upset. she really likes watching TV, its so funny, we just veg out together.

OP
M

MetroidGirl

Feb 11, 2008
Media
houston!
Parrots
heres some pictures of her, i think shes adorable!

Attachments

• 02-17-08_0043.jpg
    02-17-08_0043.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 136
  • 02-16-08_2214.jpg
    02-16-08_2214.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 02-17-08_0044.jpg
    02-17-08_0044.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 123
OP
M

MetroidGirl

Feb 11, 2008
Media
houston!
Parrots
OMG yes she is, i love her so much! i'm so glad i got her. today i took her for a car ride, i got one of those perches that has the suction cups on it and she LOVED it. i'm planning on taking her a lot of places so she can have fun and get out of her cage a lot. i just want her to have a good life and be able to be social. but yes, i love her tons and even though she hates everyone else, she loves me and she's definitely a permanent part of our family now!

Most Reactions

Latest posts