Are crockpots safe??

nicolee003

Oct 19, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Yoshi - Cinnamon GCC R.I.P. :(
Yogi - Normal GCC
My crockpot is ceramic (which I know is safe) but I am worried about the heating element. Some people say if it's made with a nonstick material it is only dangerous if it gets to a certain high temperature, others say it's dangerous even at low temperatures. Any time I have cooked with it in the past (before we got Yogi) I have always cooked with it on the "warm" setting which is very low.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I use a Crockpot and have never had any problems! Codie is in a separate room to the Kitchen though.

OP
nicolee003

nicolee003

Oct 19, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Yoshi - Cinnamon GCC R.I.P. :(
Yogi - Normal GCC
I use a Crockpot and have never had any problems! Codie is in a separate room to the Kitchen though.

I have Yogi in the living room but it's connected to the kitchen so it's not that far away from him

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
My birds are right next to my kitchen and I also use my crockpot on high a lot. It also has a ceramic liner. Years ago Like in 20 I had a slow cooker that was thin metal lined with Teflon and just sat on the heating element. I don.t know if they even make them like that anymore. That type would not be safe, But the ceramic one should be:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts