Are my birds getting used to each other?

brittani299

Nov 19, 2013
Seattle
Parrots
1 Green cheek conure Rudy;
1 Blue Fronted Amazon Tiki:
1 Lilac Crowned Amazon Elvis
Hello :). My gcc has been curious of tiki my bfa since we put him down stairs. Yesterday she thought it would be fun to fly over to his cage and sit on the play gym with him. Neither one charged each other or attacked. They both kinda sat there looking at each other. Tiki has been around other birds. He was housed with an grey when I adopted him. My gcc who came from a breeder was in an open room with greys, larger conures, and macaws. I am pretty sure they aren't scared of each other. Anyways I watched them for a while and they both ate from a food dish. I willnt ever let them out unsupervised or ever put them in the same cage. But are they maybe becoming friends? The other thing I noticed was that my conure was chasing my bfa a little but he ran away but would come right back and not try to attack my conure.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
I am currently trying to acclimate my two birds, so I am interested in how you progress :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They're curious about one another which that's nothing unusual but I had the same thing happen between JoJo the ekkie and Dixie the LSC2. But then one day JoJo decides to attack Dixie, that was the end of that relationship. Couldn't keep them on the play stand together anymore. But Dixie have Canaries as her buddies, she likes the parakeets too, but she did NOT like the zebra finches so they had to go. The canaries didn't like them either. After they were removed, everyone was happy again.

Most Reactions

Latest posts