Are there any reasonably priced freeze-dried chops eclectus specific on the market?

Kathy F

Nov 26, 2023
Parrots
eclectus and African Grey
I have had a female eclectus for 3 years. I am at a loss as how to keep her happy and healthy. It worries me to no end. I want to feed her the best, but it's just me caring for her. I am a senior on a fixed income. I eat out often and ever have few fruits and vegetables in the house. I'm looking for an affordable chop that has a long shelf life, so if it could be freeze-dried it would be ideal.

I've owned an African Grey for almost 24 years.....She's never been a problem. She is happy and healthy. But, my sweet eclectus is a problem for me!

Any advise appreciated!
Sincerely, Kathy

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1675180244217.jpg
    FB_IMG_1675180244217.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230211_124302.jpg
    20230211_124302.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 9

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
I have had a female eclectus for 3 years. I am at a loss as how to keep her happy and healthy. It worries me to no end. I want to feed her the best, but it's just me caring for her. I am a senior on a fixed income. I eat out often and ever have few fruits and vegetables in the house. I'm looking for an affordable chop that has a long shelf life, so if it could be freeze-dried it would be ideal.

I've owned an African Grey for almost 24 years.....She's never been a problem. She is happy and healthy. But, my sweet eclectus is a problem for me!

Any advise appreciated!
Sincerely, Kathy
Hi Kathy:) I have same problem but at 74 years old Moses is my best friend:) my vet says 80% pellets cuts down the prep of vegetables and fruits. I have been using Tops and now trying Harrisons Pellets.
often cheaper to go to their web site rather than Walmart or Amazon
Good luck and let me know if you find a good product that is good and easy to prepare
stay well and God Bless
Larry azflcowboy

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
It’s pretty challenging to find reasonably priced freeze dried foods. And some vegetables and fruits are hard to find freeze dried.

I’d recommend making chop and freezing it, then thawing it out in portions.

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
It’s pretty challenging to find reasonably priced freeze dried foods. And some vegetables and fruits are hard to find freeze dried.

I’d recommend making chop and freezing it, then thawing it out in portions.
Hello I agree, i do not know anyone who sells pre chopped froze or not:(

Most Reactions

Latest posts