Australian wild parrots after the bushfires

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I agree with you, Cardinal. Sadly, most of our current planetary woes are the direct result of greed. When people are willing to make do with less and allow the world to breath and heal itself, we might do better. Unfortunately, human nature tends to be greedy and self-centred. I hope the Australian Fire has given the world a wake-up call. The beauty we enjoy so thoughtlessly can be turned to ashes in just a day! Whether people believe in climate change or not, it's long past time we took better care of our world.

PS. Temperate rainforests are coniferous or evergreen forests found in the temperate zones around the globe. They have specific temperatures and a very high rainfall compared to surrounding forests. The temp. r'f's can be found in the wet northwest of the US and the westernmost countries of South America. There are very small pockets of such remnant forests here in Australia, consisting mainly of Antarctic Beech and a thick, green understorey of native shrubs. These places are exceptionally beautiful and should be visited by everyone at least once in life. The moss forests in Barrington Tops National Park, just north of where I live, have some of the rarest, shyest birds and interesting mammals like tiny gliders and platypuses. Oh, and it's interesting to note that the tree genera in Australian and South American temp. r'f's (_Araucaria_) evolved *before* the continents began to drift apart. Therefore, they are very ancient indeed.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts