AvianWeb EZ Harness? anyone heard of it?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I never heard of that product Noodles, but it sure looks interesting! That might just be what Amy needs. Looks a lot easier to get it on and off the birdie!

Jim

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I agree...I am toying with the idea of buying one just because the Aviator was a pretty big flop in this household...Granted, I think the head-hole is slightly too small, but I can't return it years later, soooo....I am torn.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Interesting! Not sure why though, can’t put my finger on it, but it looks like an even bigger pain than the aviator.

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Hmm, I know that when Cairo starts fiddling with his Aviator harness, it's typically because a feather is out of place. So I tuck all his feathers back into place underneath the harness, and he's happy again. Which means, my biggest concern for this one would be if Noodles is picky about that kind of thing too. I'd imagine fixing feathers back into place would be even trickier. But you never know until you try!

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
She doesn't like the small head hole and bites it when I try to slip it over her head. She is super gentle with me 95% of the time lol, so it isn't a matter of trust. I gave her treats for just touching the darn thing and tried to shape her behavior, but then I suppose I gave up. I can't imagine her sticking her head through and then having to mess with the wings. She would be very scared! Even though I can open her wings easily with nothing in my hands. Consequently, we have done tons of cage travel and I let her out once we arrive at our destination...Just would love to have her outside more (even though she isn't the biggest fan).

I saw this review and got excited (maybe too early to do so, but...)

"This has been the only harness that I can even get close to my bird. We aren't finished harness training, but she has no fear of this one, I have tried them all. So looking forward to getting her outside soon."

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I always liked the expression: "If it works it aint stupid".

(almost tempted to ask the dude that makes the aviators to adapt the harness -> just adding a clip at the end of the headloop would solve a lot of problems -> you could put the headloop on like a necklace/ collar and the rest could remain the same. / sinde the headloop ends in a solid piece anyway and the back-side is longer than the front to begin with.)

The amazon thingy is made of plastic (polyurethane) -> so my birds will be tearing through it in about 30 seconds ... and probably trying to eat it.
Fun design though, could make a great anti-plucking-shield base

Last edited:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I'm not too sure on that one, the belt strap looks like it could be a real pain and also looks very chewable. Plus the addition of a climbers clip would add a lot of weight for a bird and even then quite easy for a determined bird to open up.

Interesting to see you have issues with the head loop on the aviator, I had the exact same issue with the one I bought. Perhaps Aviator could add a slight elasticity to the head loop to make it easier to fit on to birds with larger heads. In fact thinking about it having elastic material for the head loop to stretch it out may make the whole process a lot easier, less scary to fit heads through a larger hole

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
The first thing I thought when I looked at that picture of the Green Cheek wearing that harness was "No way in hell Bowie would tolerate wearing that"! I'm just thinking out-loud, as it absolutely does look like it would be easier to put on them for sure , but I don't know about them tolerating wearing that solid vest thing over their chests...Worth a shot thought, definitely if the Aviator doesn't work, maybe this one will!

Most Reactions