Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty has a boing next to the kitchen table where he has dinner with us. Under it I attached a large stainless bowl to catch the bits of food and poops he drops. Its attached by 2 heavy, insulated wires, and he developed a habit of sliding down these to get what ever fell into the bowl. He is NOT allowed to do this, and he knows it, but parrots being parrots he will try it anyway. That results in my wife telling him to get his green feathery butt back up to his boing. That happened last night, but Salty had the last word. As he was climbing back up the wire ( which he does easily) we both heard under his breath
'FuuuuuXXk You'. :11::11::11: We both looked at each other and said 'Did he just say what I though he said?'. Laughed. And then thought a bit. Ack! Neither Geri or I are in the habit of swearing, much less saying that to one another, so we figure that Salty must have heard this on some TV show we had on. As we all know, that kind of language is all too common on cable TV lately.

So now I guess we have to censor what shows we have on!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Salty has a boing next to the kitchen table where he has dinner with us. Under it I attached a large stainless bowl to catch the bits of food and poops he drops. Its attached by 2 heavy, insulated wires, and he developed a habit of sliding down these to get what ever fell into the bowl. He is NOT allowed to do this, and he knows it, but parrots being parrots he will try it anyway. That results in my wife telling him to get his green feathery butt back up to his boing. That happened last night, but Salty had the last word. As he was climbing back up the wire ( which he does easily) we both heard under his breath
'FuuuuuXXk You'. :11::11::11: We both looked at each other and said 'Did he just say what I though he said?'. Laughed. And then thought a bit. Ack! Neither Geri or I are in the habit of swearing, much less saying that to one another, so we figure that Salty must have heard this on some TV show we had on. As we all know, that kind of language is all too common on cable TV lately.

So now I guess we have to censor what shows we have on!

ROFL :11: Oh Salty!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Oh no! Kiwi says that too, in context, when he is really mad. It is one of the only things he can say too:( Hopefully Salty is young enough to forget that one if not encouraged!

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
LOL BB says Shut the F up Like Kiwi he uses it in context. Mostly to the Dogs when they bark.

What ever you do keep the TV off the Road Runner cartoon or you will be hearing BEEP BEEP ZING for awhile.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
LOL BB says Shut the F up Like Kiwi he uses it in context. Mostly to the Dogs when they bark.

What ever you do keep the TV off the Road Runner cartoon or you will be hearing BEEP BEEP ZING for awhile.

Thank goodness the worst I get is "shut it" from Plum and that's usually to himself!

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015

I actually want Perjo to mimic the Raodrunner sounds, the "meep meep" and the tongue noise.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
@DRB , be carefull of what you wish for. Imagine 30 years of Meep Meep for 6-7 hours a day. Every day, all year long. For 30 years. Meep Meep.
Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep Meep

Hello

Get it now?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
RoflLg.gif%7Ec200

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Those who know me (have spoken with me), know I don't always (actually rarely) 'sensor' myself. I 'can' have quite the mouth. No, I'm not proud of it. No, I also don't give a hoot what people thing of my mouth.

BUT! I'm very proud to say that I've only ever heard one of my fids repeat the particularly offensive 'thing' JUST once. No, it wasn't Hunter.... :D

<knocks on wood repeatedly>

Most Reactions

Latest posts