Awwwwww my little duck bum

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19

Bundii lost her last long tail feather this morning. :(

She has gone from being about 55cm to 30cm. She is so cute with her duck bum but I miss her long tail.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
dont you think those little stubby butts are cute though???

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, she looks precious though:) That's a lot of length to lose at once!

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
I do love the stubby butts. However she just looks so different to when she has her real long tail. Both of us are used to having to allow for the long tail, but now bundii is like what, what happened to it. She was preening before and you could see her looking for the rest of her tail. Going huh it was here before, I am sure it was. :rolleyes:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I do love the stubby butts. However she just looks so different to when she as her real long rail. Both of us are used to having yo allow for the long tail, but now bundling is like what, what happened to it. She was preening before and you could see her looking for the res of her tail. Going huh it was here before, I am sure it was. :rolleyes:

That was so visual, and I had to laugh. Poor Bundii:(

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
Terry, she did lose her main tail feathers a couple of weeks ago which probably took about 10-15cm off her length. Since then she lost the next longest ones and this was what I was left with,

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
She does look really confused.
How long until they all grow back for such long feathers?
Phoe has not had any tail feathers since we got him, I imagine he will have that look on his face when they finally grow back.

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
I think it will only be a month or so before it is back to normal. Well almost normal. I will try to get a picture of the new feathers that are already coming through. Give me 5

Right....here we go.

Her main tail feathers are the bluey green top feathers. They usually reach about 35cm long. Sorry about the picture quality but bundii was less than impressed that I wanted to take a pic of her butt. Lol.

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Hee! Poor Bundii! There's a certain loss of face when those magnificent tail feathers fall out, isn't there? When Barney and Madge are being duckbums, I find I'm a lot less 'respectful' of them - I guess it's because we're always aware of The Tail and make room for it, as you say. Then you've got a duckbum on your wrist, it's not quite the same thing as a lovely, dignified Alexandrine parakeet with full tail deployed. LOL! Never mind: Bundii's tail will be back soon and she'll look like a grand lady again! Kisses from Aunty Trisha and the Phloque.

kezzaj

Feb 3, 2014
Brisbane
Parrots
BoB my Alexandrine.
Bob is sporting the duck bum at the moment too.. I can't help but giggle when he shakes his tail feathers.. Wonder if I should try and teach him to say quack! :09:

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
Funny you should say that, Bundii already knows how to quack. This is the noise that she makes when she is displeased. It sounds so much like a quacking duck. It is so funny. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts