B & G Question

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Hi all, I came into posession of a B & G on Wednesday evening. Here is his story as it was told to me.

He was found on the side of the road in a small rural town in an area with no homes around. The woman who found him kept him for 2 months in an outdoor chicken coop. The woman could not afford a cage to keep him indoors. He then went to live with a gentleman and his family which has several young children, and they purchased him a cage. They tried to keep him but they had zero parrot experience and the beak was just too scary. They could only get him off cage with a stick, but they he would crawl onto their arm and shoulder and be a gentle good boy. This poor boy is scared and is nippy. As the father now has to travel for work they could not keep this boy any longer because wife was scared the kids would get bit. He did take several good bite attempts at the father while I was at their home. The family knew I had parrot experience and long story short, I now have him.

He is absolutely beautiful ! ! ! I have been calling him Lucky.

He has been on a nut and seed and sugary cereal diet. The father did try to begin offering veggies after he met me in November. Since I have had him he has eaten very little. Some nuts, an ear of corn, a few carrot sticks. This morning he actually took a chicken leg from me and went to eating it.

He has some body language I hope someone might can tell me what it means.
When we sing to him ( prev guy said he loves people singing ) he will sway side to side and hold wings slightly away from his body. What does this mean Happy, scared ?
He has allowed me to scratch his head 3 different times and allowed a belly rub this morning, all through cage. I've no idea how old he is or any further background. I am having him scanned for a possible micro chip on Monday, so maybe he has a distraught owner I can him to. I'm sure I will have many more questions, but yes he is in quarantine ! He is in our home school classroom which is a detached building with seperate heat and ventilation system.

Most Reactions