Baby behavior

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Blue Damsel?? I love the wrasse family!!! I would hate to see my tank go but I must....

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
yea damsel. couldnt remember the name. bu yea, i love caring for the tanks and have the time, they just turn to *&%$ out here in the mountains. nd this alge has taken over :-/

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
What kind of algae?

green furry algae lol i'm too embarrassed to take a picture of it lol the water quality is absolutely perfect but it looks like *&^% lol we had a fox face in there but the stuff grew so fast the fish couldnt keep up with cleaning it. i would need probably $300 bucks worth of a cleaning crew to toss in there to get the algae cleaned up :-/ but like you, its all about the bird hehehe

Jerzey is doin awesome. hes 13 weeks old now. totally has no interest in formula in the morning or at lunch time. im just wasting formula still offering it to him. he takes about 2 syringes at night time and eats his veggies and seed mix during the day. hes still growing so i guess this is a good sign. everything was good at the vet. its just odd hes not folowing the recommended schedule t this age.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Hair algae most likely.....my fish eats them down so I don't have that type of problem. If you were closer, you could loan them....lol....

Jerzey is a grownup already! He wants to be independent...Haha! :)

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
im thinking of getting him a playmate. i spend a lot of time with him all day but i feel bad him being locked in a cage during the down time :-/ he has such personality and just wants out of the cage whenever i walk past him eventhough i keep him out to hang out with me while watching tv or doing my sons homework. i havent gotten him used to hanging out on his open cage yet because of the dogs. the pooches have been spending a lot more "outdoor" time these days.
but what kind of bird would be a good partner? I would like to not spend over $1000 bucks again but i found some good cage deals on craigslist.
any ideas?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Depends on how you socialize them, I've seen macaws get along with all birds but I've also seen macaw hurt other birds badly by chewing their legs, toes, beak, etc. Even kill! Just have to be careful when introducing. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts