Baby Cockatiel. Need help with answers!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Congrats on the baby !!! My mom just deliverd my baby brother a few weeks ago . I awed at the birds you saw , all I see over there is Indian green necks and chickens :D .

OP
K

Kiran

Nov 29, 2012
Bandra West, Mumbai, India
Parrots
Cockatiels & Budgies
Aight folks! I am now father of a handsome baby boy, born on the 4th of July at 00:01AM USA time! :D

The baby bird too is doing great. Getting colors on the wings and everything. wooohooo! :D

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Congratulations on both happy occasions! We're waiting to hear names. :)

OP
K

Kiran

Nov 29, 2012
Parrots
Cockatiels & Budgies
Here's a picture of the baby a few seconds ago! Am finally back from the hospital and made sure to feed the baby every 4-6 hrs for 3 days. The only time the baby had to wait for from last night's 21:00hrs dinner to today's 13:00hrs lunch. He did just great! From now on, he'll get full attention.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Your baby tiel have grown quite a bit!!! :) I'm caring for a under grown baby right now....he's very behind....

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I just ready your post Kiran,,,,CONGRATULATIONS On becoming a father!!
what an exciting time for you.

your feathered baby is doing great!, wow has he grown, well done, I'm so happy for you :)

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
awwwww!!!, little cuties!!!!

FeatherBrain

May 20, 2013
Chicago
I just read this thread from start to finish and am simply grinning ear to ear with glee! Congratulations on both of your babies, it's already obvious you're a wonderful caretaker. You did an amazing job with that chick. Kudos!

OP
K

Kiran

Nov 29, 2012
Parrots
Cockatiels & Budgies
Deeply saddened to say the bird passed away this morning at exactly 4 months of age. This little fella gave me a lot of love and I was so happy to see him grow into a very beautiful bird. I still fondly remember saving his life...twice. First when his parents stopped feeding him and second when tissue stuck to his ass and he almost died from not being able to take a dump.
Sadly, my dumb maid just HAD to disregard our repeated warnings not to leave soap and water on the floor and slipped n injured herself, taking her out of action for 2 months now, leaving me and my wife burdened with the entire work of the house, alone at a time when we needed help the most as we just had a baby, eventually costing me my daily time with my birds, my father and my wife.
These 2 months are a time I will never get back - not with this bird. Between looking after the kid 12 hours daily and cooking and housework and groceries, I was barely left with any time.
I will always remember how fondly he would come to me and cuddle everytime i went near the cage or when they were in free flight or when i bought fresh boiled food to the cage at 5 in the morning. I am devastated at his loss because he was like a second child to me, having been born just before my son and fed by me 24/7 for 2 months. It feels like i just got stabbed straight into my heart.
I had a feeling last afternoon when I saw him having trouble breathing that his time may have come and spent 2 hours cuddling and kissing him - moments I will forever cherish. He came to me when I brought fresh boiled veggies in at 6am this morning beforeI went to bed. When I woke up at 11am, my wife gave me the news that he had passed away. I'm almost 40 and by character I never cry but I cannot hold back my tears today. I hope he is in the heavens flying free in paradise and that he forgives his daddy for not being to spend more time with him....

Folkeye

Oct 11, 2012
So Cal
Parrots
Jacky- Pacific Parrotlet (Nude-subspecies...feather picker.)

Jasper- Lady English Budgie
Awww, sorry to hear. Sounds like you gave it your all and his short time with you was totally sweet and full of life. Thank you for putting the effort into him! And as we all hope, one day we'll be reunited with our lost humans and animal friends alike. Hang in there. I'm sure he knows he was loved.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts