Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Is he staying with you permanently? He's so beautiful.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Oh my gosh it's been SO LONG!!! Pazu was sold about a week ago, and has been renamed Franky (i despise that name for him! But hey..he's not mine anymore) and absolutely loves his new home! And everyone else loves him! Squeaky toy has been sold too (in case i didn't tell you all) and he's a happy boy.

The Gigantore who is no longer big, so I'm calling him Little One, is still with us. He self weaned at 10 weeks!!! He is now just over 12 weeks and very docile /quiet.

We have also sold Tai and Sen, have received payment and we will be freighting them on Thursday. :( Gonna miss those guys... But with my husbands health (and mine) so bad and me barely being able to manage myself and the kids, let alone the Eccies... Well, we just can't manage them anymore /at this point in time. (Our sanity is a little more important right now). They are going to a lovely breeder with other Eccies.

Sen has just laid 2 eggs though, so on Thursday we will put them in our egg incubator.. Won't that be fun :S 2 chicks...raising from hatching.... They'd better be girlies! I'll post photos in the next few days. :)

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow Liana, thanks for the exciting update :)! I'm so glad the two older boys have wonderful homes now. I know it's hard to sell Tai and Sen, but it's completely understandable under the circumstances. Good luck having a girl from the last 2 eggs!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having health issues, Liana. And that your husband is having health issues now, as well. And I'm also sorry that you had to give up most of your ekkies as a result. But as Julie said, understandable under the circumstances.

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. And I'll be watching for pics of the new hatchlings!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
No worries Julie! :) Yeah, I'm so glad they both found good homes. People around here seem to think about the responsibilities of owning an Eclectus before committing to buy.

Thank you Stephen, it's difficult enough with just me being unwell (and emotional!) but my husband ill and emotional too... It is NOT a good mix! I keep having to bite my tongue from snapping at him! Fun fun times.

It's ok... If I can manage Eccies again in the future I may see if I can bond up my own pair with one of Tai and Sens chicks. Thank you again. :) Your prayers are greatly appreciated!

My favourite photo: Pazu and Little One before Pazu was sold. Little One thought Pazu was his Daddy so was always snuggling up to him. [Pazu front - LO back]

20-03-2015%202.jpg

The cre-A-ture!

20-03-2015%201.jpg

Little One 2 weeks ago:

02-04-2015%201.jpg

Tai and Sen's Freight Box:

13-04-2015.jpg

We got some baby Plymouth chickens!

26-03-2015%202.jpg

And our daughter locked my Husband in the pen! He did ask extremely politely, "Please may I come out now?" but she just replied with a giddy, decided, "No!" ...And ran off!

24-03-2015.jpg

Our main aviaries... All the ground that you see is usually lush lush green lawn... One of the many reasons I despise summer..

26-03-2015%201.jpg

Last edited:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
They are gorgeous and I'm going to miss Pazu. Your avary is awesome too. Your husband looks good in a pen his daughter locked, lol. JK!!!!!!! I got my female eckie after following Pazu, she is amazing. She has health issues so I'm hoping to work those out. If we were on the same continent I would have offered your sweet Pazu a home, he is wonderful. Thanks for sharing so much with us.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Liana, I'm sorry you and your husband are having health issues. I feel bad for being forced to give up your Ekkies, but I do understand. My thoughts are with you.

How long did your daughter keep her dad incarcerated in the chicken coop. Cute photo, your daughter looks quite pleased with herself.

Thanks for sharing the photos and update!

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
They are gorgeous and I'm going to miss Pazu. Your avary is awesome too. Your husband looks good in a pen his daughter locked, lol. JK!!!!!!! I got my female eckie after following Pazu, she is amazing. She has health issues so I'm hoping to work those out. If we were on the same continent I would have offered your sweet Pazu a home, he is wonderful. Thanks for sharing so much with us.

Thanks Taw :) yeah, I miss him too... but there is a sweet relief to his leave as well haha. Thank you! LOL! He did text me as I was inside oblivious to his imprisonment, and I didn't get the text for a full 5 minutes so I had a good laugh to myself when i walked out the back door to see him locked in the coop!

OH YAY! I must see photos!!! Haha awww that's ok.

Liana, I'm sorry you and your husband are having health issues. I feel bad for being forced to give up your Ekkies, but I do understand. My thoughts are with you.

How long did your daughter keep her dad incarcerated in the chicken coop. Cute photo, your daughter looks quite pleased with herself.

Thanks for sharing the photos and update!

Thank you Allee, my husband just left half an hour ago (5:30am) to fly to the RAH for a new treatment discovered and still being researched, for his Medical Condition... A whole 7 days... by myself.. with the 3 crazy kids!!! *deep breath*

Only 5 minutes haha, but according to my husband it was a VERY long time. Haha yes, she was extremely pleased with herself and cried when I let him out lol. My pleasure! :)

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Hello everyone! A bit of an update:

We took Little One to my husband Loki's Grandparents house on Saturday, because Loki's aunty, her fiance, and her 2 kids were there. And her daughter LOVES birds!

Little One loved the business? busyness? and constant cuddles. :) Afterwards we had to go to the shops so I sat with him in the car (bird in my lap) and took some photos. HE'S TOO CUTE!

WP_20150502_017.jpg

WP_20150502_007.jpg

WP_20150502_004.jpg

WP_20150502_009.jpg

"Get back! She's MY human!" - actually he was just yawning.

WP_20150502_006_02.jpg

Happily grinding his beak:

WP_20150502_019_02.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Liana, I am so sorry for the illness you are having to deal with, both for yourself and your husband. How did his treatment go?
Precious pictures of Little One!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Liana, I hope this treatment works well for your husband. I wish both of you well :). Hang in there.

The aviaries are beautiful, and Little One is such a gorgeous baby!

Most Reactions

Latest posts