baby GCC pooping problem?

Takaaaa

Dec 23, 2013
Hawaii
Parrots
Two Lutino Lovebirds
Greetings,
So I have a young conure around 5-6 weeks old and I noticed that she hardly pooped today. It looks like he only pooped once or twice in the last 4hours. And just now it seemed like he was having problems. He frantically walked backwards which is normal for conures, but no poop came out. She kept walking backwards and bending over and I can see his sphincter clenching/moving but no pooping. He has been very inactive and just stays in his happy hut (on the ground, does not hang).
besides his formula 3 times a day, he noshes on seeds/pellets, millet, and fresh fruits/veggies.
Any advice?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My advice is take your baby to the vet to have him checked out to give you a peace of mind. I would watch when you mix different type of food together with the formula. I'm curious if he ate something he's not supposed to?

OP
Takaaaa

Takaaaa

Dec 23, 2013
Hawaii
Parrots
Two Lutino Lovebirds
Ok actually he just pooped. It's not large, as if he was backed-up or holding it.
I see no problem with the color or whole millet seeds. So maybe I didnt notice his other poops, or he's still getting used to pooping in his new home.
Here is his most recent poop.

Right now I'm giving him a 1-5 seed/pellet mix, green bell pepper, grapes, apple. and formula 3 times a day, but he might be ready for 2 times a day.

Just in case, I made an appointment to get him checked. No harm in getting checked out.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
The poop looks good!!!! Here's the poop talk again...lol. ;)

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Ok actually he just pooped. It's not large, as if he was backed-up or holding it.
I see no problem with the color or whole millet seeds. So maybe I didnt notice his other poops, or he's still getting used to pooping in his new home.
Here is his most recent poop.

Right now I'm giving him a 1-5 seed/pellet mix, green bell pepper, grapes, apple. and formula 3 times a day, but he might be ready for 2 times a day.

Just in case, I made an appointment to get him checked. No harm in getting checked out.

It actually looks like he is not digesting the pellets. Maxx's poop never looks solid like that.

Most Reactions