Baby Quail, help please?

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Hi guys!
My little sisters friend brought over a baby quail to my mum yesterday to look after, because its parents were attacking it, his made it through the first night but his so small and im worried! Not only has my mum never hand reared anything before but this little quail was only born yesterday!
I don't know much about quails, so a little bit of advice for a 2 day old quail would be great, she has fallen unloved with this little guy.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
Is there a wild-life center you can contact? I had a baby bird and they were able to advise me about food and temperatures. They wouldnt help any further than that because it wasnt a song bird, but it gave me somewhere to start. Some vets will help with this sort of thing as well.

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I imagine that formula every two hours and a warm nest box would help it, but I honestly don't know.

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
My uncle brought her over a heat lamp and something to put it in, and some formula, she's at work at the moment so I don't know how it's going, will keep you's updated!

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
The quail died last night :( not really sure why, it had been eating fine on the formula and everything :( so sad!

Most Reactions

Latest posts