Back To School Tomorrow....

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Back to school tomorrow:(. On the other hand, I've already worked out what critters I'm going to terrify my classmates and teacher with:D!
1# Frog Spawn & Tadpoles
2# Stick Insects
3# Spider ( Need to find a really big huntsman, sorry Beilana )
4# Yabby
5# Fish
6# Frog
And that is as far as I've gotten lol. By the way, this is a huntsman..
Google Image Result for http://www.ozanimals.com/image/albums/australia/Spider/S00050-001.jpg
I've seen some bigger than my hand stretched out.

Once I brought a bat to school.... teacher wasn't very happy but the bat was asleep. :p

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Hahaha ratzy your evil

Ps: tiger slugs

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
lol Ratzy!

What are you like......

I wish one of my classmates was like you when I was 12!

What used to freak us out at school were the positively ANCIENT jarred "specimans".

Piranah's and eels and weird fish/insects preserved in a jar. Eeeew.

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
Don't think we have tiger slugs Dj. What we DO have is monster sized slugs ( they come out at night, if I go barefoot... eww ). Izzy had a great time, free reign of my bedroom and some fresh gum leaves. Hmmmm... jarred critters. Will work on that. There are always plenty of massive leaches about. Maybe a possum would be going too far though? A mouse?

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
lol Ratzy, class must be fun with you around ;)

ah, good old huntsman, school memories. I remember on camps the huntsman used to own the dorm rooms lol. Always wake up, turn on the torch and there would be one staring at you :D. Wasn't so much fun when you found one in your tent though lol.

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Wahahahaha...Ratzy - your a legend!!!!:D You crack me up - hahahahaha...you go gal!!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Im a teacher :eek: but would love to have as many animals in my class - not snakes though - love them but am very scared of them ;) We get this insect here that stink - not sure if you guys/gals get it your side but bring a box of them into the class and no amount of washing your clothes will get the smell out :54:

When I was in matric - last year of school I was boarding at the school and had my lovebird staying in the boarding house (It was a small school that spe******ed in horse subjects and riding). I used to put him into my jersey and take him to school. One day a teacher saw him stick his head up and she took him away from me - I told her that was NOT a good idea but she wouldnt listen. She placed him on her desk and carried on with the lesson. When we were working she put her face close to his to talk to him and he took a chunk off the tip of her nose - that brought the whole class into hysterics - he was an instant celebrity...she never said anything after that when he hopped out to help me with my work!!!! He loved everyone else except for her - wonder why???;) He even would growl at her and chase her along the desk when she came near me or my friends sitting next to me - made school so much more bearable :D

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Giggling like a kid here eclipse! Funny story.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Ratzy, Ratzy, Ratzy why on earth are you on-line this time of the night!
sSig_nonosign-2.gif
You should sleep girl, you have lots of scarring to do when you get to school! :D

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hey Ratzy, how was your first day back? ;) LOL - I spent my whole school career wanting to get it over with then I became a teacher - lol!!!! Funny how life turns out :)

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Ratzy,
I just wanted to thank you for your contributions to the forum. Not only do you share a fresh perspective and champion the cause of keets, but you are quick to offer the benefit of your experience. You are a real asset!

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
School went well, at the moment I'm letting everybody fall into a false sense of security. My frog spawn has hatched,so instead I'm bringing in my pet stick insects.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
I am infinitely grateful that I do not share classroom space with you!!!!!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Yeah, but she's our beloved little freak :)

Last edited:
OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
Everything is sorted about the stick insects.. they are coming in tomorrow. I had to ask my teacher ( who is my dad ) first because they are pets ( don't worry, I'm not asking about the huntsman ). Another teachers wants me to show them to her class. I like this teacher. She lets me help her with her rescued animals. Once she found a sparrow with a deep gash around half of it's neck. I nursed it for a few hours and stopped the bleeding. Tweety was able to be released after about a week. I NEED to find a huntsman, preferably a large female. They are most active at night, I sometimes go looking for them. Last night I went tadpole watching. They are actually quite active at night. My tapoles are growing well, even in the past couple of days! Two of the older ones are ready for release. Stick insects are doing well. I colleted 9 eggs from our chooks yesterday, a few were double yolkers. Dad had collected them the day before, and we only have 5 chooks! Izzy's gone back, but I should be seeing him this week at least. Found a baby kookaburra yesterday, and had a water fight with my brother ( for some reason his water pistol doesn't work... ). We have a game, we haul a bucket of water up a tree, then we take it in turns to stand under and be soaked. It is really refreshing on hot days like today! Yes I am a freak, but I'm fun to be around.... Our house is massive, we have a trampoline, big house, massive garden, veggie patch, outside eating area, BBQ, tennis court, paddock, chook pen, sheep pens, two sheds, lots of good climbing trees, a creek, a long driveway perfect for our game of who can jump off the billy cart the best, 5 flower beds, a sand pit, a swing, next door is bush and a dam. My family is English, Finnish and Scottish. I was born in Germany and needless to say, I have been flying internationally since I was three. My Grandparent's live in England, my Grandad's a birdwatcher and Moma's ( She doesn't like being called a Granny ) called Sam because nobody can pronouce her real name. My Uncle and Aunt ( We don't usually call them uncle and aunt, just by their names ) live in France. My other uncles and aunts live in Queensland, England and Victoria, so I do get round a fair bit. I helped my Grandad place second prize in a birding comp by spotting an Egyption Goose. AND I am a rambler....
I love this forum. Everybody excepts me as a bird freak. Ha ha, sorry for that lol.

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Wow your house sounds awesome might have to book me a flight to Aussie just to see it ;)
I sooo miss living in the country can't wait to move raise my kids as farm boys
Nothing beats the smell of silage and cow poop on a cold winters morning
lol see ratzy your not the only freak !!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts