Bath time for KyKy

Shan.Bali

Jul 8, 2020
Bali
Parrots
Keke - nearly 2 yr of age, Vosmaeri
Does anyone use a blow dryer after bath time? KyKy gets a mist bath, which she seems to enjoy. Any thoughts? I prefer to keep her life as ‘natural’ as possible; I am pretty sure there are no blow dryers in the jungle ;)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Some do. I do not because I worry about Teflon/PTFE/PFOA/PFCs on the coils...plus, Noodles hates the blow dryer. If you use one, make sure that the coils inside are not coated with these chemicals, and make sure you do not use a hot setting.

I DO keep my house warmer than usual during/after a bath. Also, if you use a heater of any kind, you need to verify that it does not contain PTFE/PFOA/PFCS/Teflon...

Both blow-dryers and space-heaters often contain these invisible compounds.

I turn off the AC and sometimes turn on the heat if it's cool inside---if she is very wet, I shoot for roughly 78 degrees F inside with no drafts.

OP
Shan.Bali

Shan.Bali

Jul 8, 2020
Bali
Parrots
Right, really have to pay close attention to the those chemical coating materials - we should all avoid the same.

We are in Bali and spend nearly all day outside on the covered patio - this the the center of life at our villa - which she seems to really enjoy.

Thanks for info, no blow dryer! Just mist, shake, fluff, preen, and ‘aacccck’ :)

Cheers, Shan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Shan.Bali

Shan.Bali

Jul 8, 2020
Bali
Parrots
Our common area patio - center of daily life here in Bali
2781802f554dbfd4a376e120ba429c8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk