beak flicking and wing flutters???

alana

Oct 9, 2011
georgia
Parrots
Sun conure
My Pineapple was making a beak flicking noise today and also rubbing his beak all on me and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means.Also when Pineapple would see me or I would get close to him his wings would flutter really fast but close to his body,does anyone know what that means???

:orange:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Mine used to do that when they're excited....I can't think clearly right now, having a moment here....good luck!

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Our little guy sort of twitches and flutters his wing feathers when we pet him. It's really cute!

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
By "flicking" do you mean a clicking noise or grinding the two parts together? If so, that is a normal activity that helps keep the beak in a good condition.

Rubbing his beak on you is a good thing I think. My Tootsie does that a lot and I believe that it is a bonding thing. If he starts preening or exploring your skin with his tongue that is encouraging too. It just feels very strange until you are used to it.

What you describe with the wing fluttering could be excitement and anticipation of being with you. Tootsie will lean forward while fluttering her wings just waiting to be picked up sometimes.

Of course it is difficult to tell for sure just by a few words on a forum but it sounds to me like you are well on your way to developing a good relationship with your bird.

OP
alana

alana

Oct 9, 2011
georgia
Parrots
Sun conure
By "flicking" do you mean a clicking noise or grinding the two parts together? If so, that is a normal activity that helps keep the beak in a good condition.

Rubbing his beak on you is a good thing I think. My Tootsie does that a lot and I believe that it is a bonding thing. If he starts preening or exploring your skin with his tongue that is encouraging too. It just feels very strange until you are used to it.

What you describe with the wing fluttering could be excitement and anticipation of being with you. Tootsie will lean forward while fluttering her wings just waiting to be picked up sometimes.

Of course it is difficult to tell for sure just by a few words on a forum but it sounds to me like you are well on your way to developing a good relationship with your bird.

YAY!lol.well by flicking I meant noise...its a flicking type noise.I did notice him licking my shirt yesterday...lol

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Probably not licking as you would think. They use their tongues to explore and investigate things. Tootsie will run her tongue up and down my skin checking me out. The unfortunate thing is if she finds something interesting like a bump she drives the point of her beak into it as she attempts to figure out what it is.

Even Rosa has started to investigate me like that. I'm using Tootsie to bring her to me and just a few minutes ago she started emulating Tootsie and checking out my skin with her tongue. Of course she finds a hair and latches on to it and pulls. Youch! :eek:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
LoL@James!!! They do tend to do that....my Lory been doing the same....

OP
alana

alana

Oct 9, 2011
georgia
Parrots
Sun conure
Probably not licking as you would think. They use their tongues to explore and investigate things. Tootsie will run her tongue up and down my skin checking me out. The unfortunate thing is if she finds something interesting like a bump she drives the point of her beak into it as she attempts to figure out what it is.

Even Rosa has started to investigate me like that. I'm using Tootsie to bring her to me and just a few minutes ago she started emulating Tootsie and checking out my skin with her tongue. Of course she finds a hair and latches on to it and pulls. Youch! :eek:

mines likes climbing on my head!!with that sharp beak n little nails...lol:eek:

Most Reactions