Beak issue

Harleyboy

Mar 7, 2011
QUestion....my17wk old b&g..i just noticed last night that on the top of his beak on both sides..closest to his face its a little pink and raised..not red or raw..just slightly pink...it doesn't seem to bother him when I touch there...i just can't remember of it was like that before or not....amd I can't remember if my otherb&g..had that as a baby either...,is it normal?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm not familiar in raising baby macaws as I got mine at 3 years old. But it may be just because it's still growing....Keep an eye on it and take him to the vet if it gets any worse....

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
nothing to worrie about mine was that age when i got him they blush and when they get excited vincent always is sort of red after he flys round and plays awhile soon goes away tho or he could just be warm. he could also of been scratching and caught it with his claw

Last edited:

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
if it dosent go away then trip to vet but like i said mine had the same vet told me was nothing to worrie about

OP
H

Harleyboy

Mar 7, 2011
went to the vet she gave me a soothing ointment but she said its fine just part of being a baby.. YEAH!!

Most Reactions