Beautiful Day in New Hampshire

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
75° with a slight breeze and sun, I took Nike and Corbin (rat terrier) for a 2 mile walk, Nike in her Pak-O-Bird. She made calm noises and responded to my "hi" through the whole trip. I just wish she would start using the water bottle.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Bill this might seem nuts but, I had a puppy that hated the outside self water that was hooked up to a outside spicket .

He LOVED the taste of apples . I would rub a apple on the water device once a day. It took 2 days for him to learn how to use it. Maybe if you rub some of his favorite food on it. Just so he will hit it and get the idea.

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Christine, thanks, great idea. I was actually referring to Nike but it is still a great idea. Maybe even some unsweetened apple juice in the bottle. she loves apples.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
That will work. BUT i have a big fear of wasp lol They love fruit so I would keep water in the bottle if I could but that is just me.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Yes, Jaspers (wasps) are not around over here until later in the Summer, is it the same there? Nike would be ok in the back pack they would just sting his dad! LOL

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I understand the want to get your HHA to use the water bottle. BUT, our DYH Amazon figured out a way to get the bottle to run steady if he held his beak on it a certain way. He'd have get fun until the water run dry.

Most Reactions

Latest posts