Bedtime: To Cover or Not To Cover... That is the Question!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
My little guy sleeps with one foot on the cage and one foot on a swing toy. Basically doing the splits. Is this normal? lol

Sometimes Bumble sleeps in between to hanging parts of a toy or between two toys doing the splits. Just another way for her to make me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I enjoy how everyone's opinion is ok in this, unlike the dreaded clipped argument.

Clark's cage is next to my bed he is much quieter if he see's me sleeping and is respectful of my sleep time. He stays nice and quiet so long as he knows he's not missing any adventures. When i tried covering him he figured he was missing out on fun, if he sees me sleeping he's quiet.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Short answer is we cover.
But not 100%. We leave 1 side open. We block most of the light and areas that drafts can come from.

UnkTob

Sep 19, 2017
Spudville, Idaho
Parrots
My beautiful and hilarious little parakeet, Strat, (short for the Stratacaster guitar, since he loved rock music) passed away a few months ago, after 7 years of fun and craziness. Just got an IRN!
My little guy sleeps with one foot on the cage and one foot on a swing toy. Basically doing the splits. Is this normal? lol
I have one word for you: photos!

That sounds hilarious! :D

Have you renamed it Jean-Claude? :18:
The imaginary image I know have of the bird doing the splits between two moving trucks has made my night. Thanks! :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts