Bee Pollen and Diet

sofiaee

Jul 19, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC Oliver (October 2009), and a Cinnamon GCC Mia (August 2013)
I got a small bag of bee pollen awhile back for Oliver but haven't used it yet. I've heard you can sprinkle it on wet food like fruits and they'll eat it. But how much and how often should I do this?

Also if someone could refresh me on diet that would be great because I just read in the lovebirds section that they shouldn't be getting all that much pellets in their diet. Is that just lovebirds or does this apply to green cheeks?

I feed fruits and veges daily but how do I know if it's a good amount in relation to the amount of pellets they eat? I tend to overfill the pellet cup so that I only need to refill it ever 2-2 1/2 days. I also just started my first batch of sprouts so hopefully they'll like those!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Small species (parakeets, lovebirds, parrotlets, cockatiels....) do not do well on a pelleted diet. Although green cheeks are small, they can handle a pelleted diet much better than the smaller species can (including cockatiels, which are actually larger than many pyrrhuras! LOL)

Now, if you can feed a healthy, well rounded fresh food diet, that would be the way to go! If not, well, pellets can help to fill in the gaps!

Can't help ya on the bee pollen!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You can sprinkle just a little over their wet food on a daily basis. Those stuffs are mainly used for Lorikeets but they are good for all birds of course.

Most Reactions

Latest posts