Beginning the fresh food again...

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So I've been working on doing more fresh food consistently... and I've been pretty harsh about what I'm offering besides fresh food. So far my amazon, green cheek conure pair, and my female cockatiels are caving under the pressure to eat fresh food or nothing at all besides pellets.

A couple different mixes I've offered so far... I've had one cooked bird mix and did the first mix listed for a day or two since they didn't even try it the first day...once they realized I wasn't offering much else some of them started to cave:)

Radicchio, sweet peppers, sprouts, apple, blueberries, dandelion, and turnip greens. The rabbit was more fond of this than the birds:rolleyes:

Collard, Bok Choy, broccoli, jicama, sweet peppers, sprouted bean, brown rice, and birdie bread on top. Kelly and the green cheeks seemed to like this one!

So far I've been good about doing some kind of fresh food each day...Lokis still looking at me like I went insane when I put it in her bowl... I think shes hoping to hold out till I fade off again since I always go through cycles with the fresh food offerings...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
It looks yummy, Victoria! We both know they will still turn their beaks up, no matter how healthy it is or how appetizing it looks! Haha, I bet the bunny was thrilled with your efforts.

Ahem, I'm trying to be patient, but where is my Folger update?

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Alright! I'll get Folger out tonight for some pics:p

I have to remember to do fresh foods when I get home...I was quite late getting up for work this morning!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Fresh food for today...which Kelly seemed interested in again...apparently he has decided to just go along with the change without much argument!

Broccoli, collard greens, watermelon, blueberries, sweet peppers, jicama, and Birdie bread

I'm thinking of pureeing some of the greens for birdie bread instead of offering them in the bowl. I may also hang a couple leafs in cages instead of in the bowl..l just have to find a bunch of clips to do it!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Would it be safe to make a skewer using plastic zip ties?

I actually have the ones you buy at the bird store for them...I'm just unsure of where they got to:54:

This is one of the meals I made up the other day for them. I am trying to remember what I put in it exactly. I think it was Jicama, blueberries, sprouts (lentil and pea), mango, strawberries, brocolli, chard, collard greens, and brown rice.

Now this one I have no idea on the full ingredient list! It was some of the leftover fresh food that was fed at the shelter on Saturday. I also stole some of the birdie bread that Jeanne made up for everyone. So my group ate this stuff Saturday and today:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts