Bellas' Accident - I Feel Terrible - Emergency Vets ?

Auroras_Mummy

Aug 8, 2015
Tynong North, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Mali - Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel
Aurora - Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
O'tika - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Adria - Green Alexandrine
Luna - Turquoise Indian Ringneck
Rory once got his head shut into the top of the cage (luckily the gap was big enough that it closed around his neck not squished it), now I have thick plastic chains with carabiners on the end and when the roof gets open the get clipped tight onto the side of the cage so it can't fall down

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Rory once got his head shut into the top of the cage (luckily the gap was big enough that it closed around his neck not squished it), now I have thick plastic chains with carabiners on the end and when the roof gets open the get clipped tight onto the side of the cage so it can't fall down

Great idea! There are so many possible hazards with cages and toys; some obvious while others are not apparent unless there is a problem. I assume Rory's cage is a dome-top that opens to allow the placement of a dowel or perch at top?

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
Oh my goodness! How scary. Loving the clip idea. So glad Rory was OK

Most Reactions