Bellatrix

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I never shared this one with you guys! I do not like bugs especially spiders. After figuring that to be a little hypocritical because I always find snake phobias a little ridiculous even though I get it, I decided to add one of these guys to the house! My friend has a decent sized collection of tarantulas that Iā€™ve met and looked at and I joined groups to see all the pictures posted. I got this girl, or boy too young to figure out right now, the other month. Named her Bellatrix hopefully itā€™s a girl or the name will be weird:rolleyes:

She just molted last night so sheā€™s all shiny and new right now! Nice to know Iā€™m not screwing up on her care. She popped right out with all limbs attached still. Sheā€™s a Caribena versicolor.
Ch8tirw.jpg

VKAFdF2.jpg

KKZGvbH.jpg

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Always extra-extra gorgeus after a molt :)
He/She is adorable (and blue is my favorite colour).

I had to rehome 2 of my 3 large spiders, because they were maturing enough to to become desperate for girlfriends.
They went to live in Belgium (with potential grilfriends)

Being Theraphosaas (Stirmi&Blondi) they were nowhere as colourfull as yours ;)

I got them more or less the same way you did yours: why not see up close what is going on and lose the scardy-factor?
(I like bugs btw, so it was also a bit of a 'bucketlist' sort-of-thing to do)

Not taking in any more 'new-world'spiders because of the hairs.
-> Never great for humans, no good for the birds (airsack issues, eyeirritation and possible damage etc.).
Usually you get a percentage of the young after a succesfullmating/ clutching, but no thanks ;)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So what ā€˜otherā€™ animals are you hiding from us Victoria?? Lol

Iā€™ve never seen a ā€˜blueā€™ spider before. Sheā€™s a nice looking example.... although arachnids and insects arenā€™t really my thing!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Always extra-extra gorgeus after a molt :)
He/She is adorable (and blue is my favorite colour).

I had to rehome 2 of my 3 large spiders, because they were maturing enough to to become desperate for girlfriends.
They went to live in Belgium (with potential grilfriends)

Being Theraphosaas (Stirmi&Blondi) they were nowhere as colourfull as yours ;)

I got them more or less the same way you did yours: why not see up close what is going on and lose the scardy-factor?
(I like bugs btw, so it was also a bit of a 'bucketlist' sort-of-thing to do)

Not taking in any more 'new-world'spiders because of the hairs.
-> Never great for humans, no good for the birds (airsack issues, eyeirritation and possible damage etc.).
Usually you get a percentage of the young after a succesfullmating/ clutching, but no thanks ;)

Thereā€™s a few different ones on the list for the next order lol. Iā€™m not going near old worlds for a long time:46:

Iā€™m not worried about the hairs as long as I donā€™t do the maintenance near the birds. My two friends with the collections both have birds with no issues. I actually met them both through the bird shelter! Reptile people just sneak in lol

So what ā€˜otherā€™ animals are you hiding from us Victoria?? Lol

Iā€™ve never seen a ā€˜blueā€™ spider before. Sheā€™s a nice looking example.... although arachnids and insects arenā€™t really my thing!

I donā€™t think Iā€™m hiding any more:33: I mean Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some snakes I havenā€™t shared;)

She will change color as she gets older. The blue is just her ā€˜babyā€™ colors.

Most Reactions

Latest posts