Bells

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
The toy looks kinda big. What kind of bird is Popsicle? No offense I cant tell at all from the picture. Another toy Cracker likes are those ring chains. I move the to hang from the top of the cage and in front of her perch and this morning I woke up and she was hanging from it with just her beak then she fell. :2_smile::smiley4::18: Also I stopped at the store yesterday and pick up a new granola bar and and another kind of a granola bar in what I think is some sort of eatable box. It said it was safe...:20::06::smile031:

Slayor, Popsicle is a Senegal Parrot (like my Cecil). I took a look at that toy and it looks great ... it looks to be an ok size for my Parrotlet even, not too awful big. I think it would be ok for your lil budgie, Slayor. :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I've got one of those toys for Flynnie and Buzz, he loves it she just looks at him like he's totally crazy. It will be fine for Cracker, as Flynnie is just a little bigger than Cracker :D

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
Slayor, Popsicle is a Senegal Parrot (like my Cecil). I took a look at that toy and it looks great ... it looks to be an ok size for my Parrotlet even, not too awful big. I think it would be ok for your lil budgie, Slayor. :)

Hi!

As a current Sennie-owned and a former keet-owned, I can say that the guidelines of toys are good, but are not always relevant.

Parrotlets are little, and like budgies and Sennies - I understand they are mighty midgets! What I did with Fritzy (RIP) and Keupi regarding toys was/is: mostly chewy (looks like wicker) - bring it on; some chewy/some bulky (wicker/hard wood or metal/acrylic) - test on gym. Bells, with Keupi, I have to remove the clinger because he's Houdini. He's also a jewel thief - but different time.

Needless to say, follow the guidelines but ultimately follow your fid. Some mighty midgets adore attacking the giant beast. As long as it's safe in regards to weight, go for it.

One caveat - beware of loops and circles. They can hang themselves.

(I think it's on topic, but who knows...LOL...)

Most Reactions