Birb safe room

marina&zizel

Jan 17, 2024
Parrots
One cockatiel, Prince
Hello, I've had Prince for about 8 years now (cockatiel). He's not tame, he's actually scared of pretty much anything and I don't remember the last time I let him out of the cage.
I want to do so but I don't know how to birb proof my room.

I will put some pillows in some places that there's a space between the wall and the furniture (if he fall there idk if we would be able to get him out). Other than the absolutely necessary stuff (house dangers) should I also pick up room decorations?

I don't think it would be ok for him to free him in any other room than my bedroom because it's the one he's the most familiar with.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello, I've had Prince for about 8 years now (cockatiel). He's not tame, he's actually scared of pretty much anything and I don't remember the last time I let him out of the cage.
I want to do so but I don't know how to birb proof my room.

I will put some pillows in some places that there's a space between the wall and the furniture (if he fall there idk if we would be able to get him out). Other than the absolutely necessary stuff (house dangers) should I also pick up room decorations?

I don't think it would be ok for him to free him in any other room than my bedroom because it's the one he's the most familiar with.
If your going to let him out of the cage and he isn't tame then how do you plan to get him back into the cage when it's time?

OP
marina&zizel

marina&zizel

Jan 17, 2024
Parrots
One cockatiel, Prince
If your going to let him out of the cage and he isn't tame then how do you plan to get him back into the cage when it's time?
He's very fond of my voice to the point that wherever I move my face near his cage, he'll go! When I had freed him years ago I remember I lured him back in with my Voice.
Also he's building up to hanging on my hand, it's not completely unfamiliar to him
Lastly he absolutely loves millet and would do anything for it, I will have plenty of it just in case.

Most Reactions

Latest posts