Bird Astrology

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I was flipping through "Birds USA 2007" and I came across some bird astrology. It's written by a woman named Connie Cho. They don't have a link to access it online, so I decided to post it for you all.

Aries (March 21-April 19)
Aries possess a lively and enthusiastic spirit and are known to be impulsive. Aries crave adventure, so make sure the cage has a reliable lock. When out of the cage, the Aries bird can be irascible adn destructive. Offer this energetic bird plenty of toys to destroy and paper to shred to pieces.
Aries birds have an independednt streak they just can't shake, which may turn off some owners while other owners will embrace their spirit.
The Aries bird is the most fun, so you'll never have a dull moment with one of these as part of the household.
Aries avians match best with owners tha can keep up with them, so Sagittarius, Leo and Aquarius owners are the best types for them.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Owners admire Taurus birds for their patience and loyalty. A stable home is ideal for birds with this sign.
Due to their unwavering nature, Taurus birds can be stubborn and inflexible. Taurus birds also have a tendency to overindulge, so owners should be aware of their food intake.
Taurus birds are loving and devoted to their owners, but they might be wary of strangers and outsiders. Be careful when introducing your bird to new birds, visitors and other pets.
When y ou have a Taurus bird, you have a companion for life.
Virgo, Capricorn and Scorpio owners are most compatible with Taurus.

Gemini (May 21-June 20)
A Gemini bird's mind seeks constant stimulation and will get bored easily, so ofer plenty of toys and interatction. They will especially delight in puzzle toys.
More expressive than other signs, Gemini are good communicators, so expect your bird to tell you exactly how it feels through both vocal and body language. Geminis are playful and will use their charms on their owners-for an extra piece of millet spray, perhaps? They also love to be the center of attention, so expect plenty of hopping and squawking. Gemini birds need an engaged owner, one who can offer plenty of conversation.
Geminis bond best with Sagittarius and Virgo owners.

Cancer (June 21-July 22)
Cancers are caring, empathetic and intuitive. They will nuzzle up to you after you've had a bad day. Their caring and compassionate nature also causes them to become clingy, so teach your Cancer bird independednce. Cancers love their home, so any disruption or move can disturb your bird. When moving your bird's cage, gently let him know what's going on to ease any potential trauma. Cancer birds can become protective of their owners, so bouts of jealousy and possessiveness may arise. Cancer birds need an ownder who can provide security.
Cancers do well with Scorpio and Pisces owners.

Leo (July 23-August 22)
Leos' warm-hearted, creative and imaginative spirit makes them natural-born leaders. Their pride, hwoever, can cause Leos to be bossy and intolerant. A Leo bird's rigidity can make it hard to change its miind, so intoducing new healty foods might be a challenge.
Leos thrive for luxury, so expect a lux bird that will desire the latest cage and newest innovative accessories. Deck that cage out!
Leos enjoy the company of others and will get along well with other birds-as long as they get to be the flock leader.
They do best with Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius owners.

Libra (September 23-October 22)
LIbras are friendly, gentle and sociable birds. They often possess a laid-back, mellow attitude, which allows tehm to enjoy the company of others. This can also cause Libras to become lazy, so keep your Libra bird active with exercise toys like swings and boings.
Libra birds are people pleasers and enjoy harmonious home environments. Libra birds need balance and will easily adapt tot ehir owners to create that balance. Libra birds need loving owners and other flock members in the house. Leo and Sagittarius owners are good for this bird.

Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Charismatic Scorpios are complex and secretive, which makes them difficult to get to know. If your Scoripo bird is re-homed, give it time and space in order to let you in.
Scorpio birds can be temperamental and theri aggression can be triggered by a slight gesture, so be extra attentive when handling. Scorpio birds also have a tendency to become obsessive. Continuously change up their routine, cage environment, toys and foods to keep these birds from getting in a rut. Scorpios, however, are resilient and possess staying power, so if you're the right owner you have a Scorpio bird who isn't going anywhere.
Taurus and Pisces owners are most compatible with Scorpio birds.

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)
Sagittarius birds are good-natured and have a great sense of humor. Their sociable personality means they enjoy meeting new faces and seeing new places. Spend time playing and talking with your Sagittarius bird to keep it engaged. Take it out in a travel carrier or in a flight suit so it can enjoy outdoors.
Sagittarians are bluntly honest and will tell you exactly how it is-with a nip or a scream. Sagittarius birds also have a tendency to wander. Consider a wing-feather trim, or your bird might take flight to explore the world. They are optimists, so they need equally-minded owners that can see the glass as half-full.
Sagittarius birds enjoy life with Aries, Leo and Libra owners best.

Capricorn (December 22-January 19)
Capricorns are patient, disciplined and ambitious. Their focus allows them to learn tricks faster. They also excel at difficult tasks, which makes foraging an puzzle toys ideal for these birds.
Capricorns are traditionalists and resist change. Be careful when moving your bird's cage or introducing new pets. Capricorn birds can be picky and will not accept just anyone as their owner. They are also sensitive and will not take kindly to an owner's rejection. Owners should speak to their Capricorn bird in a calm and reassuring voice. You will discover that your Capricorn bird is more patient than you think.
Capricorns do best with Taurus and Cancer owners.

Aquarius (January 20-February 18)
Aquarians are quirky and unpredictable individuals. Owners find that Aquarian birds are unconventional and like to do things their own way. Aquarian birds can also be rebellious and will test their owners' patience. You'll swear that they flung their food on the wall on purpose.
Some owners find Aquarian birds to appear aloof and detached, but you'll also enjoy spending time with a lively and original bird. Your Aquarian bird will make up dances just for you. Despite their chaotic nature, theya re friendly and loyal-a perfect combination for a companion bird.
Aries and Leo owners are most compatible with Aquarian birds.

Pisces (February 19-March 20)
Pisces birds are imaginative, sensitive and compassionate. They enjoy a gentle head scratch. They can also easily determine the nature of a household and desire a calm and serene environment.
Chaos and disorder are disruptive to a Pisces bird's spiritual nature. You'll find that a Pisces bird has a deeper appreciation for music than other birds, so turn up the volume. Pisces birds are also intuitive of their owners' feelings and remain devoted birds. Pisces birds will do well in a peaseful home. Keep their cage covered at night, so they have a little quiet.
Cancers and Virgos are the best owners for Pisces birds.

Whew! My hands are tired. Did anyone else notice that apparently no bird is compatible with a Gemini owner? Sucks for me :(

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well Popsicle is a Pices bird, but she nothing like that!!! She's more of an Aries bird. Were gonna say Pepsi is a capricorn bird, it kinda fits her anyways and it says I'm a good owner for her being a Taurus!!!

Did anyone else notice that apparently no bird is compatible with a Gemini owner? Sucks for me

Thats not very fair :mad:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bucc is Aquarius and fits him to a T. Kito is a Capricorn, but I'm thinking of changing her hatchday to a Gemini as they get on better with a Saggitarius owner (ME :D ) I'll have to work out all the other guys.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
um i think your missing one.. because theres no sign for spetember 19 and 20... leo-which ends at august 22 and jumpt to libra which starts at september 23.... my birds are born on september 19 and september 20 th :( what happend to there fortune noooooo lol

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Nicole, you did all that work and I didn't want to say anything, but since MEGHAN mentioned it first, Hamlet was hatched on August 29 ... and it's not on this list ... :02: Sorry to bring it up, GREAT INFO though!

~ Tex, and Hamlet

Psssst, you are missing Virgo!

Last edited:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Nicole, you did all that work and I didn't want to say anything, but since MEGHAN mentioned it first, Hamlet was hatched on August 29 ... and it's not on this list ... :02: Sorry to bring it up, GREAT INFO though!

~ Tex, and Hamlet

Psssst, you are missing Virgo!

lol.... im sorrey i didnt mean it in a rude way at all. i apreciate the hard wokr you've done though! i just thaught id let you know... you know?....

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Hamlet0019.jpg

YEAH, A HATCH DAY BUDDY! I bet you are a little older than I am​

OP
NicoleN

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Awww I'm sorry I left that one out everyone. Don't worry, I'm not offended. Thanks for pointing it out to me though. I don't have the magazine with me, but I'll put the Virgo up tomorrow.

OP
NicoleN

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I've finally wrestled my magazine away from my niece, so here's Virgo.

P.S. Tex, the first sentence doesn't quite sound like Hamlet to me :)

Virgo (August 23-September 22)
Virgos tend to be more quiet aned reserved. Virgo birds like things to be be very clean and will expect daily cage cleaning. They will also spend hours bathing and preening. Virgo birds thrive in a clean and orderly environment, so a messy, sloppy owner will need to clean up their act.
Virgo birds also like efficiency. Sticking to a consistent routine will work for this bird. Their need for order can cause Virgos to have high expectations for their owners. If an owner is willing to put in the hours, he or she will have a loyal feathered friend in a Virgo.
Taurus, Capricorn, and Pisces owners are best suited to a Virgo.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
You know what is funny Nicole, as sunnys go, I think I got a quiet one in Hamlet ... he's not loud all that often. I get the morning squak (for like 30 seconds) and the evening squak (1 minute or so) and I do get a line of sight squak (until he can see me again) but that is really it. I live in an apartment and I have two neighbors, next door and upstairs (I have a corner unit) I the fiancee and I have talked to them both on a few occassions and NO ONE hears ANYTHING (at least that is what they tell us).

The rest of that DOES SOUND like Ham ... he will preen for an hour at a time (come on now ... an hour, little guy is only like 12 inches beak-to-tail shouldn't take an hour ...) He loves to bathe and such, but never in his water dish ... goes crazy in the sink though ...

NicoleN said:
Leos' warm-hearted, creative and imaginative spirit makes them natural-born leaders. Their pride, hwoever, can cause Leos to be bossy and intolerant. A Leo bird's rigidity can make it hard to change its miind, so intoducing new healty foods might be a challenge ... Leos enjoy the company of others and will get along well with other birds-as long as they get to be the flock leader.

With Hamlet being close to both a Leo and a Virgo I think that if you combine those traits of a Virgo that I have pointed out, and the Leo points that I have highlighted in the quote, you have a REALLY good idea of how Hamlet is ...

Thanks for the work, and the great info ...

~ Tex :50:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
well shylo, the whitefaced cinnamon pied split cockatiel of my birds is like that, although tara, shylos roomy isn't quite like that.... and humph im sagitarious and i have a 2 virgo birds pfffffft i do just fine with them see who the horoscope knows!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh I'm a Sag too and mines Dec 11, hmmmmmm wonder if I'd get away with saying 91, oh no wait a minute that would make my daughter 6 months older than me. :eek:

Habibi

Jan 6, 2010
Parrots
Orange-faced female lovebird: Habibi ben Habib
<<Whew! My hands are tired. Did anyone else notice that apparently no bird is compatible with a Gemini owner? Sucks for me :(>>

It's their oversight because Geminis get along great with parrots. I'm a Gemini who has an Aries orange-faced lovebird, and we are complete pals. She is a textbook Aries (she literally rams things off the table with her head if they are light enough) and I am a typical Gemini, so I think the two signs can get along in this combination. :D

--Habibi :orange:

DustyDusky

Jan 7, 2010
Media
New York
Parrots
Dusty: Dusky Conure
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
A Gemini bird's mind seeks constant stimulation and will get bored easily, so ofer plenty of toys and interatction. They will especially delight in puzzle toys.
More expressive than other signs, Gemini are good communicators, so expect your bird to tell you exactly how it feels through both vocal and body language. Geminis are playful and will use their charms on their owners-for an extra piece of millet spray, perhaps? They also love to be the center of attention, so expect plenty of hopping and squawking. Gemini birds need an engaged owner, one who can offer plenty of conversation.
Geminis bond best with Sagittarius and Virgo owners.

My Dusty all the way!!!

astrocomp

Oct 4, 2010
A few days back I read about pet astrology... Now its about birds too. Great going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts