Bird boarding facility near me?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I personally would never board a bird!!!!! It is unsafe in my opinion to board a bird, I rather have a sitter around or I don't go anywhere period....You don't know the diseases they can come in contact with....

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I agree with Mikey. To many risks involved with boarding.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
They offer boarding @ my vet hospital. They showed me separate rooms for each bird, but Im still afraid of the risk. I think they only take 2-3 birds @ a time. I have never left merlin there, but I would like to go on vacations sometime... I'm secretly training my mom, I'm hoping she might house sit & take care of him. I think I would still trim his wings b4 I left him. My moms a bit of a airhead, merlin would outfox her after a day or 2.

OP
S

samanthabe1

Jan 1, 2011
Arizona
Parrots
Two sun conures Skittles and Buddy.
Thanks everyone for the advice. That's the main thing I
worry about is any desiese they could pick up. But I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I can't bring my birds up to camp with me because of the camps insurance reasons :( It's tuff enough leaving them at home for 6 weeks and only seeing them on the weekends. But there will be one week were my whole family will be gone for a week and anyone I can think of are not bird people or afraid of them. Any ideas?

Most Reactions

Latest posts