Bird safe cookware???

tanktop74

Aug 30, 2012
Oregon
Parrots
Sun Conure
Is anyone out there using the Cuisinart Eco safe cookware? It claimed it is Water-based Ceramica nonstick surface won't peel off, free of PTFE and PFOA

Here is a link with more info...
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GG-12-GreenGourmet-Nonstick-Hard-Anodized/dp/B001E96K7I"]Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourmet Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I am thinking this safer than the Teflon I'm trying not to cook with that I have right now.

Thanks for any input!
Beth

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
As far as I am aware, hard-anodized aluminum is safe as long as it is PTFE free. (I have two sets - both from Costco, so Kirkland brand) I do know that Cuisinart does have some cookware that does contain PTFE though.

That said, my avian vet isn't sure about hard anodized aluminum because she doesn't know how it's made, or rather what's used in the process of making it and will say it's best to take caution and not using it.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I just use normal pans lol I add a little olivde oil/butter to keep ti from sticking. I grew up with normal pots and pans. My brothers girlfriend refuses to cook without non stick them because she says it's hard. I find it a little pathetic lol

OP
tanktop74

tanktop74

Aug 30, 2012
Oregon
Parrots
Sun Conure
I am with your brothers girlfriend! I have always cooked on Teflon and can't for the life of me cook on regular pans no matter how much oil I use! Always end up with a stuck burnt mess!!

Anyone else car to chime in before I decide to buy these pans???

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Please dont flay me alive but my family uses pampered chef. Im trying to change this nut their more stubborn then our goats. Only redeeming factor is that where Kenai's cage will be is a totally different air system. With the intake by my door.
How ever if i remember right from school anodised aluminum is just aluminum with an oxide layer. Acids are used to change the color. Ill look it up for yall and post details.

Tro

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
1 green cheek conure
Sorry I couldn't find the link to that thread, but heres a link to a parrot blog that mentions the pan and other PTFE, PFOA free pans.

Non-Stick Cookware Kills Another Parrot!

Despite the name it does mention safe nonstick cookware for birds lungs.

Last edited:

azdesertrhino

Oct 29, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
We use all stainless steel pans.

I've been curious about the ceramic pans but the few folks I know that used them said they worked great in the beginning but then would start to stick and get hard to clean, BUT that is hearsay.

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i use all clad stainless steel, baby! when my hubby and i first got our place, our first couple buy was cookware. we have had our all clad set for 6 years and it is awesome! those are built to last and are an investment. most of the time people cook on a too high setting, too, and all clad are made for mid range.

the only dish that could be used for non-stick would be eggs. most foods release their naturals oils to cook with and dont stick, like steaks. i am a vegan and never had a problem with stainless steel cookware and use olive and coconut oil.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We use stainless steel here....Still using a old range that I'm afraid to replace....lol....It has to be replaced sooner or later cause it's starting to fall apart....All the other appliances are brand new except this....Maybe I'll have my family use it for awhile to burn in before placing it in my house....

julya

Nov 30, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Amazon
I just use stainless steel and cast iron for cooking. The only thing I don't like about the cast iron is that it is so heavy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts