Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I have one very happy bird and one very unhappy bird tonight. Buddy, my GCA is the happy bird. He has been sitting with me for a couple of hours now. He flew off his cage towards Husband, landed by Husband and I picked him up. He's had dinner with me, been preening my hair, whistle contests, head scritches (even grabbing my finger pulling it towards him to get a head scritch).

Venus my Ekkie is the unhappy bird. I have never seen a bird through a fit but she did when she saw Buddy on my shoulder. When I walked past her cage with Buddy, I swear her neck extended out a foot and she grabbed me by my shirt, pulled me close and climbed on my other shoulder and started marching towards Buddy. I got her off and put her back on her cage, gave her dinner but nope not good enough, she climbed down her cage and marched to me, climbed up my leg trying to get at Buddy. I picked her up, put her back on her cage but that still wasn't good enough. Now she is pouting in her McCafe Coffee box. She's use to being queen bee, poor baby. Buddy and I are loving our together time though.

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Isn't it funny how are fids are just like kids?
If I pick up one the other one comes to the front of their cage. Even if it makes me late for work I pick them up and give them kisses and touch as much as they will let me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts