Birdies eating noodles. :)

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
So, Elvis and Priscilla had thier first encounter with home-made chicken noodle soup. I made it for supper and thought its all fresh veggies in it and no added spiced that they couldnt have. So i offered them some and it was the funniest thing ever to watch them suck the linguini noodles down like a lil' kid and a bowl of spaghetti. They were slurping them down faster then i could hand them to them. lol. They loved all the soft veggies and even ate the little chicken pieces in it. =) Now they have a look on thier face is the infamous parrot smile. Which is made even cuter by the squished noodle goatee they both have from eating the noodles so fast. :greenyellow::greenyellow:lol:D

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I have never had a parrot that did NOT like noodles. All my birds loved them and ate them real fast kinda like a dog. Its funny to watch them suck them on down. Glad you are enjoying your new two feathered friends.

Noblemacaw

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol nut lurves the noodles :) its funnier watching her being all interested an sneaky trying to get extra lol

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Noodles are a big hit here as well. Am I the only one slightly disturbed by birds eating chicken? Hmm, maybe it's just the vegan in me lol :p

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
Mylah loves pasta!! and she had some chicken tonight she eats it now the first couple of times i gave it to her she threw it away

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
I've been making enriched whole wheat pasta for Merlin. He loves it w/tomatoes, marinara sauce (just a tiny bit). One of his favorite things. Isnt that amazon smile histerical. You can really tell when they love what they are eating.

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
i get tube pasta and fill it with mashed vegies, she loves it!!

ScottinVentura

Nov 15, 2009
Ventura, CA
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon
Boo isn't much on standard pasta, but he goes nuts for lo mein noodles. Every time he sees a Chinese food carton, he's got to check it out to see if there's lo mein in it.

His favorite is pork lo mein.

OP
YNAMomma

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I added a little homemade spagetti sauce to the noodles I gave them today and he basically inhaled them! my goodness, thanx for the awesome suggestion.

OP
YNAMomma

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Here's a video of him enjoying his noodles. I'm still working on making videos work correctly on the forum so u might have to click it so watch it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions