Bonding

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
I have had Polly (DYHA) for 3 month now and during the last 1,5 week thinks is going my way. Now I can handle hear more or les upside down and scatch almost everywhere. She was a biting kind of bird but this behavior is now reduced to almost nothing. :)

coral1

Sep 27, 2011
ohio
Parrots
Blue headed pionus parror
thats awesome im glad to hear things are going good with you guys!

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
I'm so excited to hear this it reminds me to hang on and keep trying with my new ammies. I know eventually they will become the birdies i know they can be but waiting isnt my favorite game. I relish every new achievment they reach, its what keeps me going.

OP
oled

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Regarding biting i have tested different technic for reducing the problem. I found that saing NO And move my hand away was the best method for reducing Pollys biting i. She loves to play with my fingers and therefore this i a kind of unwanted reaction

Kawaii

Sep 14, 2011
Hawaii
Parrots
So damn cute & learning fast!!
Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations on your bubbly loving bird, rather than a biting shark!
I wish you two the best!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Oled ,glad to hear that all is well and you two are getting on so good.Is it getting too cold to go sailing with her?

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
Oled, this is good to hear, & it also gives me hope for my new 12 year old YN Amazon who so far (3 weeks or so) will not let me touch his/her head. S/he has started talking with me in the room now & today I moved her into the living room next to me existing YN Amazon Lila. S/he was louder than I've heard her before right after I moved them into the same room. We will have to see what happens regarding the noise level.

OP
oled

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Hey Oled ,glad to hear that all is well and you two are getting on so good.Is it getting too cold to go sailing with her?

Yes the sailing seson is over now. It is around 10-14 deg C daytime and 7-10 nightime. I also have orchid and during somertime they are "outhouse". This weekend I will take them "inhouse" so that Polly can get a lot of vitamine lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts