Birds not as interested in Food ?

Waynemmorris

Mar 21, 2018
Hi guys

This morning my two green cheeks are not interested in coming out for there nutribird

To give you a little back ground

I got the birds just over a week ago and I have been trying to level them to come out for the there food where possible but have been encourage them out with iOS on the end of a chopstick. The birds are 5/6 weeks old and are just beginning to fly ( all of about a foot from my hand back into there cage.

Really trying not to put my hand in the cage to grab at the birds as I want to build up that respect level with both of them. But as this is I’m the first time I have tried to hand rear any bird I’m worried about them.

Till know I will eventually go into the cage and encourage them to step up with the nutribird on the end of my chop stick. While one bird usually come out on his own this morning he is not today as they both show more interest in there banana and broccoli as I type this.

So I guess my question is how long is to long to stand back and not go in with chop stick and finger to ask them to step up ( which they will do with encouragement)

They have been on 3 feeds per day for 4 days
And there weights have been stable

Thanks

Most Reactions

Latest posts