bit confused..:(

rosie88

Jun 10, 2013
India
Parrots
Naru - Fischer Lovebird
hi folks,

I am a new member here so i would like to share and ask from the community about my pet birds.. i have 2 budgies and one of my friend gifted me 3 months old male Fischer lovebird.since i am student i need to concentrate on my studies as well so cant keep 3 birds at a time now.so i am thinking to return one species right now but bit confused whom to keep.

my budgies are playful but doesn't like to be petted too much.they like each others company more than mine.

the lovebird is new to my home but he is very gentle not so noisy likes to be petted and likes to play near me and he doesn't bites me even if i hold him in my palm.

so i would like to know should i keep the lovebird or budgies,and if i keep the lovebird whether he would be able to stay in a cage for 4-5 hour alone with toys as sometimes i go out ?and also like to know personality of lovebird as of now he is gentle but i am not sure whether he would stay the same once he adjust himself.i would be able to devote minimum 2 hours daily and his cage is in my study room so he would be always near me.

is this time enough for lovebird?would he get bored,if yes i may keep budgie?

p.s. i love my lovebird more if he doesn't change and hates me in the future..;):rainbow1:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hi Rosie, welcome to the forums.....

It sounds like you would rather keep the lovebird and I think you would be happy doing so.....

It's a good thing you're still in school, because you will need to do a bit more reading & some video watching.....look up touch training and read up on it.....you will need to do some training with your new lovebird, so it will maintain its friendly attitude.....there are also some video clips about touch training on youtube.....

Good luck.....

OP
R

rosie88

Jun 10, 2013
India
Parrots
Naru - Fischer Lovebird
thnx for your reply.I intend to keep all the three birds but as i am pursuing my graduation so wont be able to take responsibility of all the three in a good manner. and yes your are quiet right that i am more interested in keeping lovebird but was afraid that whether he will be able to stay alone for few hours and wouldn't distract me from my studies as i will be the only one in my room..

Most Reactions

Latest posts