Bitey tiel help / how to get him to stay on his play stand?

TessyBird

May 18, 2012
arizona
Parrots
2 cockatiels~ Sophie and kelly~
Hi, i have a 4 or 5 month old tiel named kelly!

lately he has been quite nippy with me,and the bites are getting harder. usually its just nibbles arround my hand but lately he will find a spot and bite, not nibble. i do not like bieng bitten and want to train this out of him, but im not sure how! all and all hes very sweet. he was hand tame and hand fed/raised when we got him and is taken out of the cage every day, steps up right away when you put your hand to him and when in his cage trys his best to get as close as he can to you. so i dont know why hes biteing...teenage months or something? anyway, what can i do to deter this behaveior?

also, we would like to have him able o go in and out of his cage all day when we are home, from his cage to a playstand, or at least be on the playstand (has food and water dishes and toys) all day, but (we dont have it yet) i put him on the tabletop for only a bit to get him used to it and he wont stay! he just hops off onto my computer,and when i have him step up to take him from my computer he will squeak at me and nip. how do i get him so he will stay on his playstand when we get it?:grey:

Most Reactions