Blue Crown Conure Problems.

Setsuykie

Jan 4, 2015
Michigan
Parrots
Zoey - Blue Crown Conure
So, I'm new to these forums. I'm an experienced bird owner of about 5-6 years, but I am having problems with my newest bird, Zoey. I wanted to know what others have done. I bought her in October and she is a DNA confirmed female and is less than a year old. She is constantly chewing things. It's all she does. It's becoming very destructive and I don't know how to stop it. Also, because she likes to chew so much, if we take her out to play all she wants to do is chew on ears, noses, fingers, and necks. She also tends to bite hard and it really hurts. Sometimes she puts holes in clothing. The other day she sat on her tail, and chewed that off as well. She keeps biting everyone so hard that they've gotten scared of her. I don't know what to do with this bird anymore.

drj130

Jul 25, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
Parrots
9 month old Green Cheek Conure
Well, it is natural for them to chew on things. Get her toys that she can destroy. I have lots of toys that Pat can chew on and destroy. Paper towels work, even clean white paper.

OP
Setsuykie

Setsuykie

Jan 4, 2015
Michigan
Parrots
Zoey - Blue Crown Conure
Well, it is natural for them to chew on things. Get her toys that she can destroy. I have lots of toys that Pat can chew on and destroy. Paper towels work, even clean white paper.

She has $80 worth of stuff to chew on plus household items like those as well. That still doesn't stop her from doing nothing but chewing and also biting and chewing on people.

OP
Setsuykie

Setsuykie

Jan 4, 2015
Michigan
Parrots
Zoey - Blue Crown Conure
It will take time for her to adjust to the house and you as well.

She's fully adjusted to the house and all of us. She's acting this way to play. I'm trying to find help how to teach her it's not an okay way to play with people.

Most Reactions

Latest posts