Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
please be extra careful when Bobby is out, if he is flying. Aside from the dangers of crashing into walls and mirrors etc, flighted birds can land anywhere and if they land someplace unexpected, we often do not see them. Like tops of doors, on couch and chair backs, railings, anywhere! these places are particularly dangerous as we close doors without thinking to check if there is a parrot on top of it, someone on here just lost a bird like that. Ditto for landing on chairs and stuff. We plop into chair and couches not thinking about it and you won't see even a brightly colored bird. You just don't see that, until its too late.
SO make sure to keep both eyes on Bobby Bird when he is out of cage flying.

OP
BobbyBird

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
please be extra careful when Bobby is out, if he is flying. Aside from the dangers of crashing into walls and mirrors etc, flighted birds can land anywhere and if they land someplace unexpected, we often do not see them. Like tops of doors, on couch and chair backs, railings, anywhere! these places are particularly dangerous as we close doors without thinking to check if there is a parrot on top of it, someone on here just lost a bird like that. Ditto for landing on chairs and stuff. We plop into chair and couches not thinking about it and you won't see even a brightly colored bird. You just don't see that, until its too late.
SO make sure to keep both eyes on Bobby Bird when he is out of cage flying.
Ya... whenever i let him out i usually supervise him. Plus he is out whenever i eat bfast, lunch, and dinner.

Most Reactions

Latest posts