Bonding a Pair

new_parrot_lover

Oct 12, 2016
Hi All,
I am looking for some guidelines on bonding a semi tamed pair of Alexandrines. I have a 5 year old female and recently adopted a male who is around 4 years old. I tried moved them in one cage but lady wanted her space and was little aggressive to her new mate to be when he tried to approach her. I am sharing a picture of the scene apologies for low light.
20161012_190206.jpg
Waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome! Beautiful birds! Are you hoping to breed them? It's impossible to predict how two birds will react to each other, there's no guarantee they will bond, I wouldn't put them in the same cage together until you are sure they aren't going to hurt each other.

OP
N

new_parrot_lover

Oct 12, 2016
Thanks Allee, yes I hope so. They were in one cage under my supervision and then I seperated them again now they are in different cages but close to each. Let's see how things go on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts