Bonding and a long absence...

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
So the new Sennie, June Bug, has taken up a liking for Matt (my husband). It's only been a day but I'm telling you, she is much more interested in him than she is me. I'm home all day with her and he don't get home from work until late afternoon. I cannot scritch her head. Matt can. I can't touch her anywhere but the feet, hubby was able to rub one of her wings today without her turning around or acting afraid.

My guess is that she's going to bond with him. Which is fine, since ChiChi is always running him off! But my question is; if she does bond to him, will a long absence cause her to be depressed? If so, how can I help her thru it?

Matt is in the Army. He will be deploying to Afghanistan. I can't say when but I think long enough away to form a bond with him if that's her intentions. He will be gone for 9 months. Straight. Will She become depressed? How will I help her cope? What if he comes home and she forgets who he is? Etc.

Matt and I were talking about it and he's worried that he will have this great new companion and he will leave her and she will forget him or become so depressed without him. Any ideas? Advice? Tips?

Most Reactions

Latest posts