Bongo's big beach adventure!

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
Over the weekend we went out to a friend's cabin to spend a few days at the beach. We decided last minute to take Bongo with us to experience it as well. He was very happy to sit and take everything in! He sure attracted a lot of attention, and "look, that bird is on a leash!" Pictures are attached of his first vacation.

Attachments

• IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 531

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
He sure looks like he was having a fun time!

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
LOVE IT! People are so funny. I get the same reaction when I take Ida outside.

OP
Bongo

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
Haha, that's exactly right, people's reactions are funny. Two little boys asked where we caught him, and of course everyone wants to hold him... That makes me a bit nervous though, don't want him to bite anyone!

He did not like the sand at all though, he wouldn't move once he was down on it!

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! I sure hope someday we can take our Franklin out like that...I'm POSITIVE he'd love it too!

HOW FUN!

Thanks for sharing these great pictures :D

Toni

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
I can't wait till I get Bob comfortable with his harness. I tried showing him your pictures but he didn't seem to care :). Any tips?

OP
Bongo

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
Haha thanks everyone! The leash is just from a pet store (Petcetera), we had a coupon for the store, otherwise it is way cheaper online. Since we are in Canada, shipping seems to be really expensive from the states.

It takes a few minutes to get Bongo into his harness, and he struggles a bit, but once he is in he's okay. As soon as we go outside, he is distracted and doesn't care about it anymore.

The harness came with an instructional DVD, which had some decent tips to get birds used to it.

It is really cool to be able to take him out. He is really curious about everything around him. I'm sure there are more adventures for Bongo soon too!

heismanwatch

Jun 10, 2011
Over the weekend we went out to a friend's cabin to spend a few days at the beach. We decided last minute to take Bongo with us to experience it as well. He was very happy to sit and take everything in! He sure attracted a lot of attention, and "look, that bird is on a leash!" Pictures are attached of his first vacation.

What kind of Conure is Bongo? Male or Female? Great colors!

OP
Bongo

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
What kind of Conure is Bongo? Male or Female? Great colors!

Thanks, I told him, and he is blushing. haha

He's a 10 month old sun conure. All of his yellow is coming in now, so it shouldn't be too long until he has his adult colours.

Most Reactions